Zoom is an online meeting and video conferencing platform known for its webinar capabilities for live virtual events and broadcasting. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/X0/J2/JJQC92U6VWBP.PNGI've been in two remote companies. Both would have been lost without Zoom.As a fully remote team, we use Zoom every day. It's useful for our internal meetings (both group meetings and 1:1s) and also for external meetings with prospects, partners and other stakeholders. Whether it's a one-off meeting started spontaneously or a recurring meeting with the entire team, we couldn't do the work we do without Zoom.,Reliability. Behaves correctly more than any video conferencing app I've ever used. Quality. Along with reliability, both the audio and video quality are impressive, even on a not-so-great connection. Feature set. Aside from standard video calling features, Zoom offers cool customizations and extra features, too.,Connection drops. They don't happen often, but when they do, it's a drag. Any video app will struggle with this. Custom links. I like having a custom Zoom link to send, especially to prospects, but that's only available in high-dollar plans.,9,Video calls we can rely on (as a remote company, it's how we communicate). Easy-to-run webinars. More team cohesion because the conversation feels more natural.,I have used Zoom Rooms in the past (at another, bigger remote company), and they're great! Really cool functionality for starting as a group and then doing breakout sessions. Very seamless.,Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting and Join.meThis is the software you need to be using.We sell software as a service and utilize Zoom to do our product demos and hold other virtual meetings. It is a very easy software to implement and has a great interface for both the users and the admins. Cost is great, and we have had virtually no problems with Zoom!,Price Easy to Use Reliability,Need a strong internet connection Limits on personal meetings,10,Time Savings Ease of use,Yes - we utilize our Zoom Rooms for almost all of our demos. It allows us to automate responses and ensure that people have the information they need to contact us and get into the virtual meeting. This has been a great help as we have been booking more and more demos. Zoom has made it easier for us to do what we need to do to close sales.,GoToMeeting and Webex MeetingsAmazing tool for audio and video conferencing.Zoom is being used across all departments of our company. Internally, we use it to run sales or department meetings for folks that may be working from home or in different offices. Being in sales, we have our hands on Zoom daily. I use Zoom to run all of my discovery call, product demonstrations, etc. This gives me the ability to sell over the phone and through screen share to convey the value of our products and show clients how our product works.,Reliability and ease of use to join meetings. Integrations with other tools. Our company connects lots of other sales tools directly into Zoom for analytics and other purposes. For example, we use Gong.io to review calls, and with Zoom the integration is seamless. Giving other users the ability to quickly share their screen.,Nothing in particular. Zoom does an excellent job starting and presenting meetings quickly and easily. I can't think of anything that I would change or add.,9,Making it easier and more reliable to quickly hold meetings on the fly. This directly impacts the top line revenue of our business. Our salespeople use Zoom daily to help them close deals.,We do not. We have Apple tv and quickly connect the system to that instead of Zoom Rooms.,GoToMeetingReview of Zoom by a business coachZoom is used for new client discovery calls, conference calls with current clients, and to host individual and group coaching calls. It allows us to speak face-to-face while also being able to send information across digitally.,Video chat. Group calls and meetings. Conversational speaker view.,Considerable price upgrade just to use webinar features on rare occasions. Meeting settings for group calls also apply to individual calls - so muting participants upon entry automatically, while necessary in group calls, can be confusing in individual sessions & causes an unnecessary distraction at the beginning of a call. It seems that people calling in on cell phones aren't always muted when they dial in - causing confusing noise for the group when it happens. Maybe this is just an occasional glitch, but it is something I've noticed.,10,Easy, inexpensive tool for regular video meetings. Easier scheduling with direct integration with Acuity. Improved customer relations due to video chat rather than voice only.,I don't use them in my own business and prefer to just schedule a group call. However, I have been a participant in someone else's Zoom room and was happy with the experience.,Skype and GoToWebinarZoom - The Best Video Conferencing Tool TodayZoom is my go-to way to do video conferencing with my internal team as well as prospects and clients. It's great for sales calls because connecting on video is the next best thing to being in the room with someone. And for staying in touch with the team or other people's teams, it's a breeze. You can schedule meetings, keep links the same, etc. It's used daily and works much better than Skype.,Video quality Audio quality Allows you to create static room links so different meetings can have different links that stay the same Works great on mobile and desktop Call-in sound quality and internet sound quality are good,It slows down your internet a lot Hyperlinks don't always work in the chat, especially on mobile It's pretty expensive for the paid versions, especially the webinar version Limited native integration to get lead information when doing webinars,9,Zoom has improved my sales conversion with prospects by connecting with them on video. Collaboration with my team and client teams has improved when using video chat. Great tool for connecting with my audience via webinars. Screen sharing capabilities are stellar and help to map out visual-based ideas.,I use a personal Zoom Room myself which is my static link. I put that link into my calendar scheduling tool (Acuity) and it automatically sends the correct link for the call in the email and text message follow up. Much more convenient than manually sending the links. And when working with clients, several of them have a dozen or more Zoom Rooms, with each room having a specific function. A room for each "Team" or type of meeting works well.,Skype, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), BlueJeans, UberConference and Google VoiceA Stable SkypeZoom is used for inter-company communications where Skype for Business is unavailable. One of our clients currently does not allow Skype but has approved Zoom. Zoom allows screen-sharing, face to face video calls, as well as voice calls. I have yet to use it for messaging.,Essential features work flawlessly. Better network connection than Skype. High-resolution screen-sharing.,No out of the box integration with Outlook and I'm unable to see any way of integrating it easily. Video calls do not prompt you to allow your webcam-- you are immediately exposed. It takes a long time to boot up.,7,Better communication with clients leading to improved collaborators. Time savings, as we didn't have to try to connect our Skype for Business solution. Time and effort savings. None of the issues that plague Skype, such as video failing.,I use Zoom every working day to communicate in daily stand up meetings, as well as for video conferences, both between clients and internally. I have not had a single issue with Zoom, and the same cannot be said for Skype.,Skype for Business (formerly Lync)Zooming in on ZoomI use Zoom specifically for my podcast which is where I video chat with most of my clients and guests and upload to my show. This helps cross-promote my business and instills trust in potential clients. Zoom has helped my business by ensuring that I am able to communicate with each of my guests efficiently with minimal interruptions in quality, in both video and audio.,Minimal interruptions/distortions in audio or video quality. This is a major component of using video conferencing software. Easy-to-use and user friendly UI. Free version has everything I need for 1 on 1 interviews.,Perhaps adding a third person on a video conference with the free version could be a great addition. Adding a free webinar feature could be another addition. A lower Pro plan pricing would be beneficial.,9,Helped me comfortably chat with my podcast guests without the need to meet up in person. Reduced travel cost for meeting with podcast guests. Helps me develop an online presence for my business.,Did not manage to utilize Zoom Rooms during my time spent with the software.,Skype for Business (formerly Lync) and SkypeZooming with ZoomWe are a company of a full Zoom use. We use it to allow us to view and control user desktops, presentations for departments, and as a vendor communication tool. We also use Zoom for telehealth communication between a provider and patient. It allows us to support our members, customers, and co-workers with better communication management.,Viewing others' desktops in a full screen or minimized. Multiple people can discuss in a meeting at one time. Allows remote controls for presentation host control Allows a member/patient to speak to a provider or doctor without having to come into the office if unable to. Customer interactions are able to put a face to the name.,Easier connectivity in email product. Zoom Room setup could be simpler. Wish the camera could not pickup objects in background.,10,Zoom has allowed for easier communication within departments & management. Allows meetings to be held in a quick minute. One disadvantage is that because of it's simplicity, it allows too many meetings to happen, taking away from productivity.,Zoom Rooms are okay, but could be built so they're easier to use.,Webex Meetings,Meeting setup Connectivity once profile established Turn camera on/off,Explaining how to share a screen Speaking to user with low bandwith Zoom Rooms,Yes,10Zoom ReviewI use Zoom pro version to organize webinars with international students. It is used by myself only, not the entire department.,Reporting Recording Easy to connect,Having the ability to keep users on mute.,9,It has saved our traveling cost to very high extent without compromising on presentation quality.,We don't use Zoom Rooms.,Skype for Business (formerly Lync)Works great when trying to connect remote teamsWe use Zoom to connect outside sales reps across a large geographical area. It allows us to interact, share screens and engage teammates across multiple states.,Sharing screens Video quality Ease of use.,Easier to connect phone audio.,9,Improved collaboration Improved remote training.,I do not use these.,Google HangoutsZoom: the next generation of communicationZoom is the supreme communication tool. Its voice and video quality are awesome.,Webinars document sharing schedule meetings Customer support,Zoom rooms should be hardware independent.,10,Zoom has always had a positive impact on our business.,N/A,Zoom - the BEST web video conferencing availableOur organization is located around the globe. Zoom ensures we can communicate effectively across all locations. The video and audio quality is extremely good, even on slower connections. The product is easy to use and intuitive, so our end-users rarely have technical issues other than making sure their correct audio/video input is selected. We also utilize Zoom for distance learning. We have multiple sites set up with Zoom classrooms for teaching/learning.,Easy to use: the product is a lightweight install and even non-technical individuals can figure out how to use it. Dependable: in the 5 years we've used it, I only recall one outage. Quality: the quality of the audio/video is very good. Communication: audio/video meetings and also a nice chat feature are included. Recording: meetings can be recorded to a local computer or to the cloud.,The user interface in meetings needs improvement & could use more modern design elements, like the main Zoom window.,10,For our distance learning classrooms, we have saved money on having an instructor at each location and have opened up opportunities for students at remote locations to take classes. Travel costs are decreased because meetings can be held virtually. Improved collaboration across the entire organization.,We have tested them, but have not actively used them. We are interested in using the product though. During our testing, we have been impressed with how easy it is to use the product. Just a few taps of an iPad and you're in a meeting. The IT tools for troubleshooting audio/video along with notifications is very intriguing to us as well.,Skype and Polycom RealPresence Immersive Video ConferencingZoom into your next meeting with ease!Zoom was used primarily in reviewing new software demos, and subsequent training initiatives by the marketing department. It allowed us a hands-on feel for the demo from a remote connectivity standpoint.,Cloud recording. Large base of users connectable at once. Integrated File share-ability.,Expensive. All users must have Zoom. Simplify plan options.,7,Decrease in time spent reviewing software demos. Increased money saved in training. No disconnect issues means saving time only reviewing important information once.,I've seen the software available and read up on Zoom Rooms but have yet to work in a space that integrated its use. That said it looks like a great solution for small teams working remotely from one another.,Webex Meetings and Webex EventsZoom - It just works!We are using Zoom Video Communications across different customer-facing roles and departments. We have used it to interact with customers in basic conversations, conducted video interviews with influencers/sales leaders from different verticals, and to collaborate with team members present across different offices. We also used Zoom to conduct interviews for an online sales summit called the High-Velocity Sales Summit.,Works without issues or glitches. Easy to use and is known across the industry. Allows different video thumbnail views for recording.,The recording quality sometimes reduces in spite of high bandwidth.,10,Improved productivity over video calls. Better relationships with customers and influencers through video communication. Lower onboarding time for the attendee.,We use Zoom Rooms in all our meeting rooms that have TVs available. The tablet can be a little confusing in the beginning to understand and run, but once you have become accustomed to it, it can be easy and quick to run with. The quality is better compared to the other platforms and applications I have come across in other organizations.,GoToMeeting, Webex Meetings and Google HangoutsZoom meetings “face to face”Zoom makes it convenient and easy to have meetings “face to face” with clients all over the country as well as internationally. You can convene anytime and virtually anywhere. We use Zoom for our work meeting, to include those who are traveling so that they can also make the work meeting remotely. Zoom also makes it easy for Clients to have a quick one on one meeting when they want interaction face to face rather than traveling to location. It is easy to invite those you'd like to attend and they are able to call in or video in which makes it even easier.,Also for meeting across all barriers Easy to use and invite others to join you from all ove. Being able to have access to face to face interaction without having to be face to face,It’s sometimes difficult to know when and how to mute without removing the videos etc.,9,It’s saved in time and money because instead of really being face to face we can skip that burden and focus on the task at hand,No we do not have specific zoom rooms, but we do have conference rooms where Zoom is used.,SkypeUsing Zoom to stay connectedWe use Zoom to communicate with partner schools in other towns as well as conduct our hiring interviews with potential staff working in other time zones or other countries.,Zoom does multi-party calling very well. Zoom enables the sharing of documents and media well. Zoom does a great job of organizing the location and time zones of callers.,The user interface is not particularly smooth. It does take getting used to i.e. the jumping of screens with audio.,7,Our ability to communicate with teams across valleys has been helpful. The ability to interview potential hires in a free, useful tool has been very helpful.,I have not used Zoom Rooms enough to feel I have a strong handle on all of its tools.,SkypeI recommend you try Zoom for sureWe use Zoom for conference calls because it is great for screen sharing and video calls. We have users all over the world and Zoom connects everyone together without the need to install any heavyweight software since you can launch it from the browser. I do a lot of online meetings with other developers who work remotely. It is mostly used by the technology department.,I love that it is very lightweight and can be launched from the browser. Amazing video and audio quality even when the internet is not so fast, or in case you are on VPN, it still works. Love the screen sharing option and you can give control to someone else to solve a problem.,I love the sharing option but it will be nice if it could allow multi sharing. The free version only allows a limited 40-minute meeting. I wish that could be up to 1 hour. It is a bit pricy and the chat is very basic and can use some design improvement.,10,Working remotely has never been easier Solving problems using screen share save a lot of time Conference calls can be done from anywhere with Zoom, and you do not need to be in person to attend a meeting which is a big deal for developers who work in another country,Never used Zoom Rooms.,Slack, Skype for Business (formerly Lync) and TeamViewerZoom provides an excellent user experience for video conferencing and online meetingsZoom is leveraged across my organization to provide video conferencing, online meetings and chat for remote collaboration. Zoom has helped to streamline communication across different organizations and business units at my company by having an effective tool that provides excellent audio and video quality and is leveraged enterprise-wide.,Zoom is very easy to use and the platform is simple to set-up and leverage for first-time users. It is easy to share content wirelessly from my device when presenting meetings. The audio and video quality is exceptional during large conference calls.,The mobile app lacks some of the functionality and usability of the primary software tool.,10,Zoom has led t improved collaboration by providing a central tool for all video conferencing and online meeting enterprise -wide. Zoom has made it much easier to onboard new people or outside vendors to meetings by providing a simple sign-up/sign-on process. Zoom has made it far easier to share content wirelessly during meetings where content needs to be presented to a large group of stakeholders.,Yes. I've enjoyed the integrated experience and overall functionality when doing audio/video conferencing and wireless screen sharing. Zoom Rooms versatility has been helpful and I've used it for meetings where all attendees are in the same room/location as well as when remote attendees join from another location.,Webex MeetingsZoom review as a useful web meeting toolZoom is a very nice web meeting similar to Webex with almost all the features that you need. It is quite easy to use and share screens. It is quite useful for technical support, internal and external meetings. It also works fine with different browsers and different devices. Starting and joining a meeting is fairly easy.,Easy to join. Easy to share.,Make it a little more easy for users to find available functions/features.,8,Join Zoom meetings with different vendors easily.,We use Zoom to join meetings with different vendors. It seems working well and didn't feel a significant difference comparing with Webex meetings.,Adobe ConnectBest I've used in YearsFor coaching and delivering virtual training.,One-on-one coaching...better connection. Little problems with security and firewalls. User-friendly. Share documents easily. High-quality video capability. Ability to record easily and send out to participants.,Virtual breakouts still challenging. Sometime mic doesn't always connect. Lack of continuity between app and web.,9,Know it will connect all over the world with few problems. Cost is unbeatable in the market. So easy to use. Can copy/paste my own meeting link.,I don't yet,,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability,I would have spoken up sooner that Zoom was the better alternative yet I trust my team to make the decision.Zoom is an easy-to-use meeting tool with a few flawsZoom is a tool we use to connect remote presenters with our control centre and studio, bring them into a live webcast, or to do a recording with them for a future On-demand webcast. It also allows us to see the content that they are potentially sharing or presenting and include it as part of a live broadcast as well.,Voice communications Ease of use Sharing presentation materials,Video communication is not the best quality Q&A isn't very intuitive Bit of a clunky UI,7,Zoom allowed easier access to remote participants. It works within most corporate networks with very little firewall adjustments required. No special hardware required aside from an integrated webcam and microphone.,We have not had any experience with Zoom Rooms so far.,Adobe Connect, Webex Meetings, Skype for Business (formerly Lync) and iMeet Central by PGi,5,1,Integration into live webinar Collaboration Bringing in outside speakers,Using it as a source for a live broadcast,Point to point communications during live broadcasts Remote town halls with the speakers in our studio but the audience abroad,8,Trello, Zoho Desk, Zoho Projects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Zoho CRM, SlackWant to do better collaborative meetings? Choose Zoom!To be honest, Earlier we were using Cisco WebEx as a collaboration tool and after 15+ years we noticed WebEx is having fewer features and limitations of VOIP services. We thought to check for different options, tried using GoToMeeting and Zoom. We found Zoom superior. We started with 5 Zoom accounts and received good feedback from all of our stakeholders.,Great Audio/Video quality over lower bandwidth. Allows multiple methods to join call, VOIP, Call me, Toll Free and Toll Numbers. Easy to use tool and simplicity helps do meetings better. Various reporting methods also help to identify utilization, effectiveness and MIS presentation for better utilization and allocation of Zoom licenses.,Recent security threat with Mac getting affected with an auto camera and meeting join. Zoom should be more proactive on these threats as Zoom has a really bright future. We recommend it to our clients. Zoom support for India. Keep a proactive approach when the OS on various platform upgrades: Mac, Windows, the Zoom versions or desktop and calendar integration tool should be tested for errors and functionality. Sometimes we have seen this need time as we follow with the dev team to rectify some early errors on new versions.,10,Zoom has reduced our other telephone conference costs. Zoom has reduced our traveling cost due to online meetings. Collaboration ratio has increased because of effectiveness of meetings. We have training materials recorded and broadcast for events and future references. Customers happy == Target achieved.,Yes we do. We have 5 Zoom rooms setup in the USA location. They are effective too with the integration of various IO devices. it helps to cater the larger audience with the single screen, Audio input and output devices.,Cisco Webex Contact Center and GoToMeetingMaking collaboration as seamless as it getsZoom is being used across my entire company. We're a fully distributed organization, so video conferencing is crucial for us to stay in touch and connected. It serves as a way to communicate in a more intimate way-- since we all work remotely, having the video be part of our day-to-day communication is very important for us. We also use it for external communication with partners.,Video conferencing for both small and large groups. Seamless recording of meetings and storage of recorded files. Accessing Zoom meetings is very easy across platforms (mobile, desktop, etc.) and via phone too.,Have technical issues with my desktop Zoom regardless of internet speed. The UI lacks the modern, shiny feel that lots of technology products I trust have.,8,Improved collaboration for sure. More personal relationships for a distributed/remote work culture.,I was part of a Zoom meeting that used Rooms once. As a participant, it was confusing and clunky. It took us too much time to setup and figure out how to leave the main meeting to get into the room, get back into the main meeting, etc.,Google Hangouts and BlueJeansVideoconference in extreme fluencyWe use Zoom with great satisfaction both within our company and with our customers. We manage events in a centralized way and we also deal with directing. Our videoconferencing infrastructure, in addition to Zoom, consists of several "traditional" devices (h323/sip). Thanks to Zoom, we can use either Mac/Windows or these physical devices.,Integration with h323 and SIP devices. Easy planning of events.,It could use better performances in a Citrix environment.,10,Saved minor job travel of employees. There's been Less time lost in resolving user problems.,We are very satisfied with the Zoom Rooms because they allow us to have almost zero connection times from users.,Cisco Webex Calling and Lifesize Video Conferencing,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor,Will buy some more h323/sip connectorsLove ZoomMy organization also uses Skype for Business, but I have experience from Zoom in a previous job, and prefer the functionality and interface. I find it specifically useful because I collaborate with other organizations on multiple continents, and prefer Zoom. Right now I am the main user of Zoom in my organization, but I am trying to persuade others to use it too.,The screen share function. The annotation function. Controlling settings (e.g. mute). A hands-up and chat function.,Automatic record function: I am sometimes deep into a call when I realize I did not press the record function. Having this automatically activated would be better.,10,Cost savings-- we're not having to make expensive international calls Its ease of use makes it a very functional application.,No.,
Windows, Linux, Mac

Zoom Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Showing 245 of 878 Zoom ratings and reviews.

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Travis Brown profile photo
June 19, 2019

This is the software you need to be using.

Zoom Rooms

Zoom has made it easier for us to do what we need to do to close sales.
Read Travis Brown's full review

Zoom - It just works!

Read Nivas Ravichandran's full review
July 10, 2019

July 31, 2019

Making collaboration as seamless as it gets

High quality audio (349)
High quality video (348)
Low bandwidth requirements (297)
Desktop sharing (343)
Whiteboards (205)
Calendar integration (296)
Meeting initiation (337)
Integrates with social media (120)
Record meetings / events (319)
Slideshows (209)
Live chat (294)
Audience polling (155)
Q&A (184)
User authentication (218)
Participant roles & permissions (255)
Confidential attendee list (171)

About Zoom

Zoom
Zoom is a popular online meeting and video conferencing platform known for its webinar capabilities for live virtual events and broadcasting. It features HD video and audio, collaboration tools, chat functionality, and an enterprise cloud phone system.

In addition to the above features, Zoom also offers:

Zoom Rooms
Zoom offers hardware and software bundles for businesses looking to streamline their web conferencing services.

Zoom Phone
With Zoom Phone, users can bundle their voice, video, voicemail, messaging, meetings, and conferencing through one application. It can carry out calls over cellular voice, cellular data, or WiFi connections and is supported on Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android devices.

Zoom offers a free, Basic version that supports online meetings up to 100 participants and offers the basic tools users need to run online audio and video conferences. Its next level of offerings are its Pro offering that is $14.99/mo/host and its Business offering that is $19.99/mo/host. Both of these offerings include the same features as the Basic option but add on more features such as increased meeting duration (24 hours), reporting tools, and admin dashboards.

Zoom also supports an Enterprise level offering at $19.99/mo/host, but requires businesses have a minimum of 50 hosts/users. Its key features are support for up to 1,000 participants, unlimited cloud storage, a dedicated customer success manager, and executive business reviews.

Zoom Features

Has featureIE compatible
Has featureAvailable for Linux
Has featureAvailable for OS X
Has featureAvailable for Windows
Does not have featureMobile support
Screen Sharing Features
Has featureScheduling
Has featureCalendar integration
Has featureMeeting initiation
Has featureEnd meetings
Has featureIntegrates with social media
Has featureRecord meetings / events
Has featureConfidential attendee list
Has featureSecure file sharing
Has featureMobile Screen Sharing
Has featureVideo Breakout Rooms
Has featureScreen share video with audio

Zoom Video

Zoom Product Overview Video -- Zoom is revolutionizing the ways teams collaborate. Whether you're connecting multiple conference rooms or adding remote attendees. Meeting face-to-face is as simple as a single touch.

Zoom Integrations

Slack, Salesforce.com, Marketo, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, Pardot, Zapier, Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Microsoft One Drive, Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, LTI Canvas, LTI Blackboard, LTI Moodle, LTI Desire2Learn, Kubi

Zoom Competitors