3CX, Set Your PBX Free!!
May 20, 2021

3CX, Set Your PBX Free!!

Marouane Tohme | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with 3CX

My first experience with 3CX was actually at a different organization but after using it and becoming familiar with it I made the recommendation to implement it at my current organization and features aside, the main reason for this was cost, 3CX is crazy affordable, especially when you start to compare it to some of the other names out there. Also, as an individual in the the field of technology I can tell you that it's crazy flexible too, we didn't even have to get new handsets to switch. The platform has all the features you'd expect, we only use the basics to be honest and they're all here.
  • Very Flexible, in some cases if you already have a PBX System in place and want to switch, you may not even need to get new handsets.
  • Very Inexpensive, especially when you start to compare it to some of the competition out there.
  • You might think for the cost that there would be features lacking but I am yet to find something our previous PBX did that 3CX doesn't
  • The set up can seem a little daunting, especially if you plan to take it on internally.
  • The apps are great, having your extension on your device is great but the desktop/windows app is a little dated, could do with an update.
  • The mobile app is great, it saves us on minutes and lets everyone have their extension on their mobile.
  • The auto attendant is very useful also.
  • 3CX was quite inexpensive to install and has saved us a lot in license fees from out previous PBX system.
  • 3CX has directly reduced the amount we spend on Mobile Minutes thanks to VOIP through the Mobile App.
The flexibility and price of 3CX is really unmatched. Especially when you consider that all the features you need are here. The ability to have your extension on your Mobile Phone or Desktop or Laptop is quite convenient and can save you quite a bit of money. Implementation is quite simple and painless and because 3CX works with a wide variety of equipment you sorta get to decide how much you want to spend on set up.

Do you think 3CX delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with 3CX's feature set?

Did 3CX live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of 3CX go as expected?

Would you buy 3CX again?

3CX is great for small businesses on a budget, especially if you have existing handsets. Something to keep in mind though; you wanna make sure you get or have someone who knows what they're doing to set it up. It really isn't that hard but the documentation isn't great so while you might be tempted to DIY it or cut costs by getting someone inexpensive to install, I would not recommend it.