Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
We use MIP in the Finance Department. I helps us keep track of each grant we have with ease. We are able to do reporting to our board member and each of our funding sources. We also use the Payroll module to pay and track our employees. This system along with our Microix time clock allows to complete our payroll quickly and with little errors.
- Track budget, expenditures, etc. from separate funding sources
- Reporting with ease
- Helps with our payroll
- On the Payroll Module it would be nice to be able to merge an employee that has several ID numbers into on ID number as long as the Social Security Numbers match
- The budget part could be a little easier to operate
- Ability to get rid of some of the selection in the drop down boxes
- MIP has really saved us on time. If we had to do all we are doing by hand, we would not be able to function as well as we do with the small Finance Department we have. So overhead cost are greatly reduced
- We are not planning on leaving our on-premise MIP. There are many benefits to the cloud, but we loose some important functionality with our current time clock system if we convert to the cloud
MIP has greatly helped manage all our funds. We currently have 5 to 6 different funding sources we need to track at any given time. MIP saves us a great deal of time making sure the appropriate costs are going to the right fund. Also, we are able to report all financial information to each funding source, auditors, board member, etc. with ease.
MIP seems to be the best product for multi funded agencies. We choose MIP for that specific reason and because we are a non-profit agency.
MIP is very suitable for any agency who is working with different funding sources. I don't see a great need for it if the funding is sole source.
MIP Fund Accounting Feature Ratings
Using Abila MIP Fund Accounting
3 - CFO - Reporting and Analysis, Deputy CFO - Accounts Payable & Reporting, & Finance Specialist - Accounts Payable, Payroll, & Reporting
2 - Able to perform back ups, manage users, perform updates, maintain server, contact support in case of an issue we cannot resolve in-house.
- Keep track of funds
- Charging employees to correct fund for work performed
- Perform Payroll with ease
- Creating reports from the system and exporting to Excel or PDF when necessary
- Hopefully we will find an easy way to track our heath insurance for employees for IRS reporting
MIP does the job we expect
Evaluating Abila MIP Fund Accounting and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
We really needed software to help keep track of each fund and report back to our funding sources easily
At the time we purchased MIP I was not involved in the selection of the product.
Abila MIP Fund Accounting Implementation
- Implemented in-house
- Professional services company
Not sure - This did not apply
- Getting everyone who needed to use the software to actually use it
Abila MIP Fund Accounting Training
- In-person training
The in-person training I have received is excellent
I have not received any online training
The product was fairly easy to learn for the basics, but I would recommend others to get training to use the product as it is intended.
Configuring Abila MIP Fund Accounting
Some things are easy, but most of the time we need help with this
We make sure not everyone has the same abilities
Some - we have done small customizations to the interface - Just how the desktop looks mainly. Also, what each user has access to.
Not at this time
Abila MIP Fund Accounting Support
Almost all the time all support staff are very helpful. Every once in a great while we get the support person that wants us to be computer geniuses and will get very frustrated with us. If we were computer geniuses we would need support.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - Anytime we have a bug, MIP Support has always done there best to resolve our issue, and made followups to make sure all is well.
When our server crashed. They went above and beyond to try to help us and even offered to send some one to NM to help us out.
Using Abila MIP Fund Accounting
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Performing Payroll
- Processing Accounts Payables
- The budget part is a little difficult, but with training I think we will get it
- We have a different way of implementing Benefits and Deductions for employee, the system doesn't help us out in our scenerio
Abila MIP Fund Accounting Reliability
Not real sure what you mean by scalability. It seems to be able to handle all of the funds we are currently working with. If you mean the looks of it, some things are small and it would be nice to increase the size according to the user.
The only time we have had a big issue is when our server went out, and this was not a MIP issue
We have had problems with MIP's ability to integrate with other software or systems. Just makes for a longer shopping time when searching for products we need to integrate with MIP
Integrating Abila MIP Fund Accounting
Only allows a few software vendors to integrate. This could be a good thing, so there aren't unreliable software programs able to integrate with MIP and mess up your system.
- Microix Time Clock
We use this time clock for the payroll. The representatives from REDW make this very easy.
- Microix Requisition Module
Yes they do and REDW will help with the integration and implementation.
- File import/export
Make sure what ever software you are looking into will be fully integrated with MIP. Some software says it is compatible, but a lot of functionality is not.
Relationship with Abila
TechVisions and REDW are fantastic to work with. They help us make our decisions, implement software, train, and give us support.
We have had not problems.
Not sure on this one for the initial purchase.
Have knowledge of what your needs are and what you are buying. All the software is fabulous, but it doesn't always meet your needs. Don't over buy if you don't need to.
Upgrading Abila MIP Fund Accounting
Yes - The new release went very smoothly. We performed it on a day when no one needed to be on MIP for the necessary time we needed it.
- My co-workers say the dashboard layout is better. I personally do not use the dashboard.
- To be able to merge ID numbers for the same individual on the payroll module