Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
MIP is being used to track revenue and expenses for UW Advancement, UW Alumni Association, and the UW Foundation. It allows us to cut data into many different slices or combine specific data with ease. It also allows us to upload data from the university financial system electronically which cuts down on time and entry errors.
- It has a relational data base so the same segments can be used for several areas but still allow for specification in reporting.
- The review seats let us give access to people outside the finance department while maintaining the integrity of the data.
- Easily manipulate reporting selections to quickly make changes and be able to analyze data in several different ways - by segment, by date, by columns.
- I would like to be able to post annual budget figures by cutting and pasting from Excel. We used to be able to do that but the feature disappeared a few years ago.
- The email feature does not work for us because of the configuration of the university servers. It would be great if you could explore the compatibility with large systems with several layers of security.
- The adding reports to the Favorites section does not always work. Several times I have not been able to find the report I want to add in the drop down list. This happens regardless of adding the report and shutting down the system and restarting it.
- MIP has had a positive impact on ROI for us. The savings in staff hours has more than paid for the software and the annual maintenance fee.
- MIP has enabled us to provide accurate data in a variety of report types.
- MIP has given the report users access to timely data.
I believe we have achieved this benefit by being able to track revenues and expenses from different funding sources. We can run reports on the data by a specific source or in combination. The system also allows reporting across fiscal years which is great if the funding sources runs on a different reporting timeline than we do.
For me, there is no comparison - MIP wins every time. When I first started using MIP, it was one of the few (if not the only) relational software out there. At that time the non-profit I worked for had 12 legal entities and needed something that could do the separation without have 12 different chart of accounts. When we needed new software in my present position, I felt MIP would fit the bill and it has.
MIP is the software to use if you need to track and report on several different entities/departments/units. We have three entities we work with and have to include some but not all of the same data in two of them. The import feature provides a mechanism to manipulate that data prior to importing. We can also combine data from the entities using one or more of the segments.
MIP Fund Accounting Feature Ratings
Using Abila MIP Fund Accounting
1 - Our IT help has more to do with the university system than the MIP software.
- Accurate and timely revenue and expense reporting to managers.
- Reporting transactions to managers and administrative staff.
Evaluating Abila MIP Fund Accounting and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Prior Experience with the Product
- Vendor Reputation
The feature of a relational data base was a huge selling point. It took the previous account codes down from about 250 to 50.
Abila MIP Fund Accounting Implementation
Abila MIP Fund Accounting Support
Our reseller and the MIP technical support team has been very reactive when questions or problems have arisen. The reseller has been especially helpful in figuring what to do about entry problems.
Problems get solved
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Thankfully we have not had any problems that have required exceptional support.
Using Abila MIP Fund Accounting
MIP is fairly easy to learn and to update. Whether it's transaction entry or reporting it has logical steps and maintains consistency. These are things that make usability a positive and not a negative.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using