Abila Accounting for Non-Profits-Awesome!https://www.trustradius.com/accountingMIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)Unspecified86191012016-08-12T19:07:00.231Z
Updated January 10, 2018
Abila Accounting for Non-Profits-Awesome!
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
I along with our CFO use Abila for non-profits for accounting and fundraising needs. I have been doing bookkeeping for 20+ years and have used other accounting software in the past but feel that Abila is much more user friendly and far superior to them. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking at accounting software for no-profit or business purposes.
- Reports are flexible in the choices of information you want to get. They can be easily customized to your specific needs.
- Corrections to unposted and posted entries are easily made.
- I like that the accounting and payroll are now together on the same application instead of two separate ones. Before they were combined I had to open two separate apps, one for accounting and one for payroll and keep switching back and forth between them. Now it is just the one and it is so much easier and convenient for them to be combined.
- We have employees that work different shifts and get a pay differential depending on what shift they are working. I need to do two separate paychecks for the different pay rates for those employees. It would be easier if there was a way to do a single check with the split rates on it.
- Although the reports are easy to customize there are some instances when you want certain information on a report and the choice for that information is not available for you to choose.
- You can easily reverse and copy a posted accounts payable entry, but that option is not available for checks issued in a write checks session. You would either have to do a journal entry or void the check and re-write it with the same check no. and print it on plain paper. Kind of a pain.
- Abila has been a great tool for tracking donors and their donations as well as grants, both private and government and putting them in the proper general ledger accounts, departments and divisions.
- It has also been a great way to distribute employees salaries to restricted funds from grants and unrestricted funds from other sources.
We are able to track and manage donors and their donations and grants form private and government sources, whether it is to our organization or our Endowment Foundation.
I have worked here for 10 years and Abila was already being used. It was Sage at that time and eventually changed to Abila. It has been used here at the YWCA since 2000.
Non-profits who are looking for accounting software will be very pleased with Abila for non-profits. Not sure about business accounting as I have not used it in that capacity. We also use reports from Abila to build spreadsheets. Sometimes information from multiple reports are used in a single spreadsheet that require specific information from more that one report.
MIP Fund Accounting Feature Ratings
Using Abila MIP Fund Accounting
2 - Accounting experience and background are very important in using any accounting software. Our in house accountant and myself (I am the accounting assistant) are the two people who use and support the Abila accounting software on a regular daily basis.
- Financial reports
- Grant tracking
- Accounts payable
- Cash donation entries and tracking
- employee hours
- various wage earning codes
- number of employees that were employed at specific date ranges.
Abila is a superior accounting software as compared with others I have used.
Evaluating Abila MIP and Competitors
Abila MIP Implementation
Abila MIP Training
I was trained on the job by the person who implemented and had used it for 6 years prior to my employment. She was very knowledgeable, but didn't know all of the ins and outs, which is where I self taught.
Abila MIP Support
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Using Abila MIP
- Reverse & Copy
- It is sometimes difficult to get the information I need in some of the reports.