Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
MIP is our accounting software as well as HR software. We use it to pay bills, process payroll, reconcile our bank account and track our budgets for the three grants that we manage. I have been using the software for about 6 months. I have been to a symposium in Austin for the software as well as some of the vendors that work with MIP. I think that the product is very good. Sometimes the report writing is a little complex but perhaps i just need more training. I really like the budgeting feature but I am still trying to use the financial statement reporting features to its full capabilities. I think that we will continue to use this software and will most likely look at bringing in a trainer to help us one on one with some of our issues since I think we are pretty small and our situations are not always the same as some of the problems discussed in the trainings we attended.
- Journal Entries - it requires the funds to be balanced.
- Payroll - it allows for multiple allocations of programs and many different benefits and leave plan accruals.
- Budgeting - the budget worksheet is easy to set up and then it rolls into the budget reporting module.
- Financial Reporting - I have had a heck of a time setting up financial statements.
- Bank reconciliation - it would be nice to be able to drill down on journal entries to check off certain entries and leave others outstanding. When I have a transaction in transit that is in a big journal entry, I cannot check off part of the transaction and leave the other part that has not cleared yet (in transit).
- The sharing of information across the HR module and the payroll module. Sometimes we have to enter information two and three times before it finally is permanent.
- MIP helped us tremendously stay on top of our expense management so we could maximize spending for our grants.
Yes we are slowly achieving this. We have three grants and this was the first year that we assigned each grant a different fund. Before we used one fund and different functions to manage two grants but this works a lot better and reporting and expense tracking are much better The board prefers this.