Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
It is the accounting software for the agency. It provides a level of internal controls that our previous software did not provide. We have it integrated with the grants management software and the FR50 software that the development department uses. It also keeps the auditors happy.
- Unposted entries can be edited; posted entries cannot. You cannot go back and randomly or accidentally change an entry that has already been billed to a reimbursable expense contract.
- You can intergrate MIP Fund Accounting with the FR50 Fund Development software to aid in donor tracking.
- You can intergrate the accounting and grants data base software to aid in grants tracking.
- Entering budgets takes forever. There should be a way for the software to spread the budget across the months instead of entering each month separately.
- Customizing reports without the report writer module is difficult.
- The help function is very limited. I always end up calling the help desk for answer.
MIP Fund accounting is great for medium to large non-profit organizations but is way too much for very small organizations.
MIP Fund Accounting Feature Ratings
Abila MIP Fund Accounting Implementation
- Vendor implemented
Change management was minimal - The third party that we used to install MIP and migrate our data was very unprofessional. The training she provided was minimal and we ended up doing most of the work ourselves.
- Data migration, making sure that there were no data entry errors.