Solid software. Easy deployment and recovery.
Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
- Prompts you to back up your data when logging out.
- When using SQL Express...it is easy to get a new copy of MIP running if need be. Backups are a cinch.
- Shows audit information and has easy to use custom templates for odd check formats and the like.
- It could use more wizards so that an end user might make better use of optional features.
- It has come a long way performance wise. This can always be worked on of course.
- Publishing a clear "what has changed from the last version" document to hand to end users post-upgrade would be handy.
- It can be pricey for small non-profits but certainly pays off in the long run when compared to competitor products.
- Sage and QuickBooks Pro
MIP will work with both large and small environments as long as you have a hierarchy of who the admins/users are. I deal with a large range of personalities and they always seem to agree on MIP's layouts and output. It certainly does what it says on the package.
I would not run the database on a server with a large task load however. It runs best on its own. A pro level OS workstation virtual works great.