Accruent EMS Software Review
November 17, 2020
Accruent EMS Software Review
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Accruent EMS Software
The Accruent EMS Software is being used to book rehearsal space at various location in New York City. It is mostly used by booking agents taking calls from clients and staff with tablets booking rooms for clients on the spot. The business problem Accruent EMS Software solves is it provides the unique solution for our business model of providing rehearsal space for the acting/musician community in the Tri State area.
- It is quick and easy to book a room.
- The main dashboard provides a grid like look on what spaces are booked and what is available.
- The GUI is relatively easy to maneuver which lessens the learning curve.
- There's no 'remote function' of the software. It's client server based. Some additional Server hardware is required to gain remote access.
- On the backend, SQL is required and takes some technical knowledge to configure and maintain.
- The reporting tool is lacking and can only provide limited or generic information. The tools needs to be able to provide customization when making a report.
- One positive is it provides the basic function of booking space as per our business model.
- One the negative side, it is expensive software, including maintaining and supporting the network it runs on.
- Overall Accruent EMS has had a positive effect on the overall business objective.
With upgrading our infrastructure, we are able to scale Accruent EMS Software to double our booking and accounting department.
- Integrated with Outlook. This is used by the booking and accounting departments in corresponding with the clients.
- Recently integrated with Enplug. We have multiple screens throughout our locations providing marketing and media content.
We have cafes in our sites so we utilize this feature. The function works well for our needs.
We had a major upgrade to the latest version back in mid 2019 which we worked with Accruent professional services on the upgrade. The process took place after hours and the took over 4 hours to complete. The implementation engineer was well versed in the upgrade process and, other than a few bumps during the upgrade, it went well and did not cause any downtime the next day. On our side, some of the SQL APIs needed tweaking, but the professional services team provided exactly what we needed.
Accruent EMS Software is well suited for our business model of renting rehearsal space. Using SQL as the backend allows us to create custom APIs to enhance the invoice and billing modules and booking display boards for the staff and client base. There's no a la carte where we can choose modules, so we are not benefiting from some of the other modules such as the video conferencing, but we might take advantage of the booking self-service in the coming year.