Turn your imagination into real thing
April 28, 2021

Turn your imagination into real thing

Dawood Awan | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Illustrator CC

I am a freelance graphic designer, and I use adobe apps and softwares to do my work. I primarily use Adobe Illustrator and Adobe PhotoShop for professional graphic designing. This is a vector graphics editor and you can make anything you imagine! What I love the most about it is that it also contains brushes and you can customize them on your own! I love the watercolor brushes.
This program is for professional graphic designing and it is an industry standard software.
Because of having a lot of features, it is not beginner friendly. You might feel lost in its features, and the user interface is pretty confusing. But once you master it, you will love it.
  • Brushes!
  • You can use the pre-made brushes + customize your own. You can also buy or download brushes from websites.
  • Export in a variety of formats.
  • I can export my artworks in many formats like AI,EPS,PSD ,JPEG,JPG,PNG, PDF, etc.
  • Constantly updated software!
  • With the new updates, the user-interface becomes more flexible. You have the freedom to choose what feature you like to be displayed on canvas or not and you can literally customize it.
  • Adobe softwares are always updated as you can check that they released 5+ updated versions of adobe illustrator during the past few years. This is a lot helpful as graphic design trends and needs change with time, so does illustrator! With every version, you get a lot of extra features and they always save time and make designing easier and better.
  • Handle load.It can handle extensive files unlike other free softwares, they crash when overloaded with complex designs.
  • Complex work. You can do complex and intricate designs with illustrator without quality loss. I created many 3d artworks with illustrator by using the mesh tool.
  • Too much size!
  • Adobe Illustrator is over 2 Gb and it makes my computer slower (especially if you are using a computer with an old processor). It takes time to start.
  • Pricey. The subscription plans may be a little pricey..
  • Not beginner-friendly. You need a lot of practice to learn the tricks as there are so many features and you might feel overwhelmed.
  • all in one graphic editor
  • fully updated versions available
  • premade separate templates for mobile and pc
  • Industry standard software
  • Do everything you imagine!
  • Export artworks in a variety of formats
  • It is worth the price.
  • Makes my computer slower sometimes, but I am still happy with it.
Adobe is best for vector graphic editor. The other softwares crash but it works properly.I always recommend using it if you are a professional graphic designer. It is more powerful and handy tool than any other software available in the market. Probably my ultimate choice for game UI design, logo design and many more things.

Do you think Adobe Illustrator CC delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Adobe Illustrator CC's feature set?

Did Adobe Illustrator CC live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Adobe Illustrator CC go as expected?

Would you buy Adobe Illustrator CC again?

It is best for professional graphic designing. I wish it had built-in tutorials.The user interface is a bit messy and not suitable for beginners. You need advanced computers if you want to install its latest updated versions, as the system requirements are quite strict. For the 2021 version(which is the latest version) you need at least 8Gb RAM to make it work properly. In essence, the more you use it, the more you love it.

Evaluating Adobe Illustrator CC and Competitors

Yes - I used free softwares like Inkscape for graphic designing but as compared to illustrator; it is nothing. There are a lot of powerful features in Adobe illustrator than any other software in the market. I could not create 3d works with them and whenever I did complex work, it crashed without saving my work and I lost all data. But thanks to adobe illustrator, I can work properly with no crashes;no bugs.
  • Product Features
  • Product Usability
  • Product Reputation
Immense Features! Adobe illustrator has so many useful features that it might take years to reveal and make use of them. The more you explore, experiment, the more you discover.
I would use it again and again. My selection process will be applications based, how applicable the features are, do they compete with the latest trends or not?