ADP Workforce Now vs. ProLiant: The Pros and Cons
February 22, 2020

ADP Workforce Now vs. ProLiant: The Pros and Cons

Ellen Trastelis | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with ADP Workforce Now

We use ADP Workforce Now across the organization for payroll, HR recordkeeping, and ACA compliance. We originally had the parent company code for Elm Street Technology with 3 other company codes beneath it. We now have consolidated to all employees under Elm Street Technology's code and all independent contractors under a separate code.
  • The Bridge is helpful to see what other companies are doing or having issues with. I also find the moderator's response times quick.
  • I like the analytics section to see comparable pay across different positions at different companies.
  • I really hate calling a different service person every time. I would love to have one go-to person, as we did at our prior payroll company.
  • Our implementation was awful. We are still dealing with the effects 2 years later. They did not set us up for success.
  • Positive is employee self-service including time-off requests. We used to use two separate systems for payroll and time off.
  • Negative is lack of customer service to help with urgent system problems.
I can see ADP Workforce Now being scalable, especially if we were to get an enhanced version. Some things are very manual still like creating new positions or updating certain settings. I also wish more things were self-service so you don't have to call in. I like the chat feature.
  • QuickBooks
  • 401k
We have the GL feature to pull a GL file for each payroll for upload into QuickBooks. It has been a huge nightmare to set up, and we still have problems with it every few months. The convenience is great when it works. A 401k file is also automatically sent for approval to our 401k provider after each payroll with the deductions and employer match. This is great--takes away the manual labor of entering the contributions ourselves.
We used to have ProLiant. Like I said, it was a more personal experience. We had one dedicated person to go to each time and the response time was fast. We miss this about ProLiant. However, their time features, payroll, and reporting were quite antiquated.
We switched to ADP Workforce Now because we were sold on the tech features, reporting, etc. All around it seemed to be a more modern system than what we were using. However, the personalized customer service is not there. You will constantly be talking to someone new about your account issues. At our old provider, the thing we liked the most was having a dedicated rep to go to for everything and then he would go to the appropriate departments if he could not fix the issue. Often we find ourselves explaining problems 2 or 3 times to different reps because they don't confer with each other.

ADP Workforce Now Feature Ratings

Employee demographic data
Employment history
Job profiles and administration
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Organizational charting
Organization and location management
Pay calculation
Benefit plan administration
Direct deposit files
Salary revision and increment management
Approval workflow
Balance details
View and generate pay and benefit information
Update personal information
View company policy documentation
Report builder
Pre-built reports
Ability to combine HR data with external data
Performance plans