Overall Satisfaction with AlienVault USM
We used AlienVault for 5 years in our PCI and non-PCI environment. AlienVault USM does nearly everything we need to detect threats we didn't know of. The setup was very easy with little deployment time. The price point is very competitive. The tools for data filtering that the appliance has been very powerful. It also comes with predefined PCI-DSS reports. The main problem we addressed is that sometimes the appliance gets slow when doing some particular queries.
- Very easy to use. The UI is very intuitive.
- Out of the box predefined reports that make the initial filtering easy.
- Very easy to setup.
- Sometimes it gets slow with large queries.
- When the upgrading fails you have to debug extensively to know what happened.
- When we massively add hosts, sometimes some of them are not added so you have to be careful.
We did not use any other competitive solution, because other ones were rejected because of the price point.
It's a very nice solution for small and medium deployment scenarios (at least the on-premise version) with slow changes, also is very easy and fast to deploy. On bigger scenarios, it gets slow and a little bit hard to maintain. It's affordable so I would recommend it for small companies.