Overall Satisfaction with Alteryx
Alteryx is used across most departments at Novus, either in desktop form or through gallery apps. We use it for everyday reporting, QA checks in operations, status reports in media planning and strategy, drawing and analyzing trade areas, and even for semi-automated data transformation and database building. That's just scratching the surface.
- Merging multiple excel or CSV files from a directory into a single datasource
- Basic data ETL like joining, unions, filtering, formulas and appends
- Release new tools and capabilities on a regular cadence to keep up with the industry
- Cloud-based data connections
- AMP Engine is cool, but not always effective
- Better licensed datasets - Dun & Bradstreet is not a friendly chunk of POI data
- Alteryx has decreased much of the time spent preparing data for analysis so there's more time for quality analysis
- Alteryx allowed people without formal analytics training to become some of our best analysts
- Alteryx has become the trial & error sandbox for testing theories quickly and efficiently, allowing more what-if scenarios to be tried
Do you think Alteryx delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Alteryx's feature set?
Did Alteryx live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Alteryx go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Alteryx again?
Alteryx is fantastic once users get over the 'hurdle' and commit to trying something new instead of falling back on old habits for the sake of deadlines. Alteryx has a learning curve but once you learn the basics, your mind starts to think differently about your work.
We've been a long-time partner of Alteryx but not the most lucrative one in their sales pipeline so we get shuffled around quite frequently. The online community is great so it's much easier to go there and ask questions than to try your rep.
Alteryx is very well suited for businesses living in the world of Excel and business objects, or those looking to simplify their analytics practices. If you have processes that involve many spreadsheets and it takes you hours to prepare your data just so you can analyze it, Alteryx can cut down on those hours quite effectively. But if you already have a solid data practice with automation and ETL pipelines and an efficient, effective team of analysts they may not require it.