Overall Satisfaction with Amazon ElastiCache
In our services, some of the information inside the database is not required to retrieve frequently from there. In such cases, we use ElastiCache in order to reduce the load from the database especially RDS.
- configuration data
- user login detail data
- application permission data
- not to get lost cache data in order to change ElasitCache instance type
- most of the time cache data are not distributively stored to secondary, mostly goes to primary
- default TTL should be 30 days or 60 days instead of infinity
- obviously fast to retrieve data
- able to reduce waiting time instead of RDS
- able to reduce cost by the way of using some data in RDS
- memcached should be improved like Redis
- need serverless with Aurora RDS
- cost should be decreased
Do you think Amazon ElastiCache delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Amazon ElastiCache's feature set?
Did Amazon ElastiCache live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Amazon ElastiCache go as expected?
Would you buy Amazon ElastiCache again?