I loved using Android Studio to make my app template in 2019.
Andrew Turner | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 25, 2019

I loved using Android Studio to make my app template in 2019.

Overall Satisfaction with Android Studio

I use Android Studio to create software on the google play store and for websites.
Primarily, I use Android Studio to create applications that are simple forms to fill out for a financial calculation. I am able to start a tab-based app or another simple template. I must use java or Kotlin with Android Studio. It is important to install the open JDK on the Oracle site. Also, the Android image for the emulator must be installed. Most of this is handled by Android Studio.
I have made an app template that I can sell for 100 USD using Android Studio.
The layout of text boxes and number boxes is easy once you learn to click the very small buttons. For example, Android Studio is a lot like Adobe Premiere, in a way.
You can visualize the performance of the app using a play timeline viewer of your threads running in your app. This is a great feature. Another standout is the smooth emulation process.
It was easy to make an app with android studio, but it is also hard to master. It comes with the study of MVC and also android intents.
  • Visualization.
  • Published apps.
  • Published games.
  • Developing new apps.
  • Unity
Please read my review titled "make a game and sell it on Google play with Unity". The thing to note about Android Studio is that over the years the documentation has only gotten better and better. Compared to the documentation on Apple it is not as elegant. Compared to Xcode and visual studio it is not as mature. However, Android is the number one operating system in the world and it is important to stay on top of technology trends.
The community re-responsiveness is excellent on stack overflow.

Do you think Android Studio delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Android Studio's feature set?

Did Android Studio live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Android Studio go as expected?

Would you buy Android Studio again?

There’s not a lot of competition in this space. Compared to Visual Studio and Unity it falls short. Please read my review entitled "make a game and sell it on Google play with unity".

Specifically, Android Studio stands out by showing the CPU memory and network usage of your application as it launches over time. One specific part where Android Studio could improve is the overall package manager. Compared to Visual Studio it does not have the IntelliSense feature.