April 08, 2021
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Apache Subversion
Used mainly as a collective tool for version tracking to ensure revisions are tracked by the dev team, and all maintain branches of our team/project repositories. To commit the revisions once all devs have merged code from respective timelines.
- Easy install
- Integrates into agile project standards
- Revision regressions tracking in projects
- Requirements more straight forward (CVS editing options)
- Some packaged dependencies are unnecessary
- Potential for vendor packaged security issues
- Thus far the ROI has been a positive investment in time and tooling
- Less requirements for small teams is also a positive
- No real negatives for our team
Do you think Apache Subversion delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Apache Subversion's feature set?
Did Apache Subversion live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Apache Subversion go as expected?
Would you buy Apache Subversion again?
Can be [suited] for teams building solutions and manage code file versioning. Subversion for us simplifies the changes per file and code version before merging to branch for continuous integration and eventually deployment. With Apache Subversion in the process of our agile development, we can continue to automate deployment as much as possible with versioning.