Figuring it out
Updated May 11, 2021
Figuring it out
Director of Programs
Modesto Gospel MissionNon-profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
Score 5 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Apricot by Social Solutions
We use Apricot for case management in our New Life Program and our emergency shelter. We do want to ultimately use it for employee record keeping as well, so it would then also be used by our Administration Department and other Department heads. Right now, it is only our Program Department that uses it.
- It allows you to build out what is necessary for your organization.
- It is easy to use.
- We were told at the time of purchase that it would do some things it doesn't.
- We paid for a member of Apricot to "help" input our records and formulate things from our old system to Apricot. We didn't receive the level of service we anticipated.
- We are a non-profit so we aren't looking for an ROI per se.
- The positive is that a team member can be off-site and look up to see if a particular person is or has received services.
We are still in the process of learning all the functions of Apricot--what it can and cannot be used for. We hope that the more we use it the more we can see how it can be used in different areas of our organization. At this point, it is used solely for case management.
Honestly to this point, I believe "Spero" met our needs more effectively. One thing Apricot does well that Spero didn't was respond when we have a question or issue. The customer service from Spero was absolutely awful.
It some ways Apricot has been better than our previous system, customer service for example, but isn't as tailored to what we do as a homeless shelter as the operating system we used prior.
No we are a homeless shelter, so our interaction with people has always been in person.
Its abilities meets some of our criteria to collect data, but we also have to use another program to collect a large portion of it.