Overall Satisfaction with Apricot by Social Solutions
We use Apricot as our participant database and to track program attendance for individual participants and their families. It has been very useful for running reports of information needed for grant applications, as well as to identify patterns. Because we are able to upload files, we can keep all application materials stored in Apricot, rather than only having partial information.
- Ability to search by many fields
- Ability to link related individuals
- Prevention of duplicate participant profiles
- Adding permissions for users could be streamlined
- I would like to copy a profile's information (or parts of it) - we have many participants who are siblings and reentering the address and contact information takes time.
- Adding individual dates for each class is cumbersome
- Faster than our prior platform - employees have more time for other projects
- User-friendly - employees don't have to constantly be reminded how to use it
- Search fields - easy to look up participants/families with different last names or who we only have partial information for
We have not yet used Apricot specifically to scale program delivery. We have had a significant increase in program participants for other reasons, and Apricot has made managing their information easier. We currently use it primarily for our on-site programs, but we are beginning to use it for our community-based programs too. Once we are tracking that information more consistently/with more detail, we will have the tools to back up that program growth/expansion as well.
Because Apricot is user-friendly once it is set up, pulling reports is no longer something our staff dreads doing. They can quickly pull updated information and easily sort by specific time frames or other criteria.
Microsoft Access was too limited for our needs. We use Salesforce for our donor and volunteer management but it was not a good fit for our participant management.
Apricot is well suited for tracking contact information, demographic information, attendance, and other details for individuals. We have not yet figured out the best way to integrate ongoing data points from surveys/assessments.