December 12, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ArcGIS
Being a geospatial company, we use ArcGIS as our primary GIS software. We use ArcGIS in every step of our workflow, from research and development to implementation. We obtain geospatial data (satellite imagery, magnetic datasets, drill hole data, etc.) from internal as well as external sources, and collate them together using ArcGIS. We use the geospatial tools to do simple spatial filtering operations to arrive at meaningful insights from the various datasets. We also use ArcGIS to visualize spatial predictions from various machine learning algorithms against the basemaps provided within ArcGIS.
- Primary GIS software used across teams, easy to share files, visualizations, etc.
- Easy to use for beginners to GIS.
- There are many tools within the software which make the workflow easy, such as spatial filtering, creating shapefiles, etc.
- There could be an option to apply the same visualization (symbology) to multiple layers at once.
- ArcGIS has had a positive impact on our business, however it is difficult to quantify the same. GIS software has a critical role in our workflow, and ArcGIS fills that role very well.