Overall Satisfaction with Articulate
Articulate Storyline is used in my company's learning and development department. It is used to create courses that train our retail employees and company leadership in areas of safety, customer service, product knowledge, and leadership development.
- Easy to use
- Makes great looking and engaging courses
- Has many cool features
- Easy to publish content and upload to an LMS
- Copy paste from Word to Storyline works well but not from Storyline back to Word. I often write in Word and copy into Storyline. I also edit/reshape my images in Word and copy to Storyline.
- More stock photos of people with the base version of the software. More cartoon avatars.
- Better ability to publish to a Word document for reviewing with SMEs. Published output is wonky.
- Increase product knowledge
- Better ability to coach and give feedback
- Better customer service
- Fewer safety incidents
Articulate is easier to use than Captivate, especially if you're familiar with a Microsoft ribbon-based interface as opposed to the Adobe interface that Captivate uses. I don't have a programming background so I find Articulate to be a little more forgiving in that areas versus Captivate which requires move programming background.
Storyline2 is very well suited for a variety of scenarios. I have used the program to create product knowledge training, leadership development, instructional videos, technical training. It is a very versatile software program. If you're looking for an eary to use authoring tool that has a lot of power and creates awesome courses, choose Articulate. Love it!