Ascentis HR Review
Updated March 18, 2019
Ascentis HR Review
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Ascentis
Ascentis HR is used by our Admin and Finance department, in-conjunction with Employee Self-Service which is used across the whole district. This allows for employee to review the benefits and change information electronically online versus using paper or processing these items at home with their families.
- Ascentis HR allows administrators to attach paperwork, now that we've gone mostly electronic on our new hire paperwork.
- Ascentis HR allows us to maintain the benefits setup, administration, and changes electronically in the system to help with ACA and this information rolls into Payroll another module we use
- Ascentis HR allows us to configure and add fields and information that pertain to our District directly to track and run reports. This is a huge benefit, then just maintaining in an Excel spreadsheet
- Ascentis HR will soon go online versus remote desktop access. This will be a huge improvement, so that we don't need to involve our IT department in remote desktop issues when we get new computers.
- Ascentis HR and ESS should improve on its functionality be allowing attachments for the managers perspective. It would be nice to create a manager/supervisor section, so they can take notes on an employee with HR approval. The manager/supervisor needs to improve more.
- Ascentis HR should also improve on allowing or showing an employee in ESS their job or pay rate history (compensation history)
- Ascentis HR is making this simple by helping us go electronic and access records electronically instead of paper files
- Save in printing paper and the need of distribution
None; we've always had EBS, Ascentis. However, I would like to evaluate other products to compare and give better feedback to Ascentis. I have several improvements to share with the different modules that would benefit the product and our District. I want to attend the conference, but this year is not a good year to attend.
I find it a little more difficult to get a hold of someone at Ascentis HR for support without a contact, but it seems that the business is busy these days. The email notifications are extremely helpful, but i'm not sure why these are not posted on the community website. I find that I use the community website a lot, but some information is not on the site.
Michelle Diez my payroll support direct contact at the time was always extremely thorough, timely, and responsive to any usually payroll concern or issues I had. Ascentis no longer provides direct contact help, but the service is still okay.
Ascentis Feature Ratings
- If Ascentis was more flexible, create dashboards, total compensation information
Evaluating Ascentis and Competitors
Nothing seems to work the way you were taught during implementation until you go live
No escalation required
Support cares about my success
Not kept informed
Difficult to get immediate help
Need to explain problems multiple times
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Not well integrated
Lots to learn
- enter data entry
- View paystub on Employee Self-Service
- View W-2 on Employee Self-Service
- accessing my paycheck (we have two directories, not sure why)
- extra steps to save settings electronically for w-2 and 1095
- administration of setting up the system and benefits in Ascentis HR
- multiple remote desktops, different programs for setup and employee manager, employee self-service, Payroll, Performance Management, Learning Management
- creating workflows in the system for approval process
- website it hard to find and identify with
- payroll connect sometime does not work and does not transfer data from HR to payroll