Prior to being a consultant, I was an end user of Aspect eWFM products. I have been using the Aspect WFM products since the product was known as TCS. I have participated in approximately a dozen implementations of the solution for my own WFM department and as a consultant. I currently support clients with training and process improvements of their WFM departments. The size of the companies I support range in size, complexity and industry.
- The tool offers a great deal of flexibility in forecasting approaches. It allows you to track seasonality, growth, day of week factors, arrival patterns, store information on holidays and special events. You have the flexibility to forecast based on historical data or user defined data or a combination.
- Although somewhat complex to configure initially, the scheduling features are also quite flexible allow you to create schedule scenarios for the most unique situations.
- There are a great number of reports available in the tool and the tools offers you a variety of different options for pulling the same data making it much easier to analyze and trend. You can also set up routine reports to automatically run and export in a variety of different formats and save to shared drives or even email to specific users.
- The agent interface "Empower" it also very intuitive making it easy for agents to view their schedules, request time off, participate in shift bids and view their own performance reports.
- The configuration of the system is quite complex and very difficult to administer.
- Initial training on the product is simply focused on the product and it typically not done using a customers real data. Since many customers do not have a strong background in WFM to begin with, the training should focus more on the fundamental of WFM before it dives into how to use the tool. You have to learn more about how it is best to use the tool for real world environments and not just how to click here and go there.
- RTA has not been updated in years. It does not offer real-time schedule adherence scores and the reporting is terrible. Reporting is specific to each workspace and you lose data each time you close a workspace.
- The shrinkage calculator feature that was added a few years ago is a great feature but very difficult to reconcile. If you are not an extreme expert with the very confusing superstate philosophy in eWFM it can be disastrous.
- Improved service levels
- Increased productivity and efficiency
- Better planning, communication with leadership
- Improved lead time on hiring
- Agents are happier with vacation administration. There is no longer a flat # of employees allowed off each day.
IEX - The best solution on the market. It is expensive but offers the best features and functionality. Verint Impact 360 - Verint is comparable although I think eWFM has better forecasting. I also like that Verint offers real-time adherence information and employee skills are automatically updated making skills-based forecasting and scheduling less complex. Calabrio - Intuitive, easy to administer but still has a lot of growing up to do. Community by WFMSG - Great starter WFM system and is the most reasonable tool on the market today. Ideal for smaller centers of less than 300 and their support is amazing! Monet - Intuitive, cost effective but does not offers some of the bidding features.
I do not currently use the product. My clients do and it is a good tool if you use it the right way.
If the center I am assisting is less than 200 seats, it is not likely Aspect would make the list because of price. If the contact center is multi-media, there are other products that do a much better job forecasting requirements for emails, outbound and chat. I also don't like that it has so many modules/add-ons that you have to pay extra for. This system is well suited for larger calls centers that are multi-site but not too complex with multi-skills or media types. It would also be a much more appealing product if there was a hosted or SaaS version. it were Hosted.