Overall Satisfaction with Autodesk Fusion 360
When I transferred CAD date to my slicing software for printing, I found that in blend the data did not translate well. With [Autodesk] Fusion 360, I found that I was able to convert the CAD files immediately to a file type that could be used for slicing, then through that software create G Code for 3D Printing. It was absolutely critical to my company that we find the right software and [Autodesk] Fusion 360 checked every box!
- Free for non-commercial use. Powerful, intuitive tools. Great for hobbyists, 3d printing, non-commercial projects. Huge body of information and tutorials. cloud based storage
- There is a free version for [Autodesk] Fusion 360 used for students, startups and teachers. - The modeling tools are really good they allow you to build organic shapes with ease. - The learning curve is not as steep. - It has an amazing support since is owned by Autodesk. - You can create machine code (G-Code) to send it to cut or 3D print. - There are several tutorials online and now is more used in the mechanical design industry.
- Some functionality changes and when you are in the middle of a project and your workflow changes, it is a little annoying.
- This can be particularly confusing for those unaccustomed to 3D modeling or CAD software.
- This software has been an incredible tool for my business. Being that our principle service is Design and Engineering, Fusion 360 has offered all my team and I could ask for in a software. It has been very intuitive, and regular updates or feedback from the customer service team. In addition, there is a massive online community with video tutorials or guides both created by, or individual users of the Fusion360 software.
Do you think Autodesk Fusion 360 delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Autodesk Fusion 360's feature set?
Did Autodesk Fusion 360 live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Autodesk Fusion 360 go as expected?
Would you buy Autodesk Fusion 360 again?
This software has been so easy to use from day one! I couldn't be more thrilled with it. Being an SME, it is offered on an annual basis free of charge. My network of engineers are amazed I am able to accomplish what I have using this software when the companies they come from are paying thousands for licensing. I also would like to note that Autodesk offer an incredible specialization to really round out your skills via Coursera.