Banner for our Students
Cortney Belge | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 19, 2018

Banner for our Students

Overall Satisfaction with Banner Student

We use Banner across our whole organization. Banner allows us to set up everything our students need to know from requirements, to financial aid (FA), schedules, grades, and so much more.
  • Allows students to see their grades in their classes.
  • Allows students to see their schedules.
  • Allows students to review their FA packages.
  • Allows students to see if their is anything they still need to do with the college in any of our 4 departments.
  • Navigating is a little rough at the beginning, but once you get into it, it's a breeze.
  • Some of the titles in Banner confuse you - you think you are on the right screen and you are not.
  • I would like if Banner could have a search button so I could just type in what I need and it would take me right there.
  • Banner is excellent! It helps our students to be more independent.
  • Banner for us employees helps us keep track of all our thousands of students
Banner is just easier and more detailed for our students. Oracle really isn't student-friendly, it's more friendly towards the employees. Banner has all the information for which our students are looking. When they log in, they want to just get to the reason they are there and not have to fumble through a bunch of stuff that doesn't pertain to them. Oracle is definitely on a different level than Banner for our students. Not that Banner or Oracle are bad, they are just equipped to help different populations (Banner=students, Oracle=employees).
If I am a student and I need to know how much I still owe for my schooling, I can log into Banner and see my balance at any given time. [As a staff member,] I can see what has paid out and what still needs to come in, whether it be money from the student or Federal Aid.