Overall Satisfaction with BigCommerce
We use it to sell our products on the internet. It helps with the mechanics of an online store.
- Big Commerce websites can be customized within the themes that are selected. Big Commerce does most of the website work for you. You just plug in your own products, photos and pricing.
- Support has been excellent. Many times I'm working at odd hours and they are always available. Customer support seems very knowledgeable and I haven't been frustrated with their answers the way I am with other companies.
- Pricing at the beginning is very reasonable. After you get bigger it kicks in more, but by then it's not so much of a stretch.
- I think the menu system could be a little more clear. I usually have to click on every single heading before I find the right one that I want to use.
- I've never been able to figure out if I have people signed up for the blog in Big Commerce. Because of Facebook, I don't really use it, but I have no clue if I'm letting down valued customers.
- We don't get updates about new apps that are available. One app that I used for a bit then just disappeared with nothing else to replace it.
- It has reduced our costs per sale over the fees we pay per sale elsewhere.
- It allows us to show more products for one price. Which is really fantastic in my book.
- It makes me wish my Etsy site were as price effective and easy to customize listings.
$100,000 to $500,000
It's pretty hard to have everything that everyone wants in one product. And Big Commerce does about 95% of what I want it to do, so in general I'm pretty happy about it.
I don't know what open API or existing integrations means for me. I think I don't use them.
Big Commerce was easy to set up and met almost every one of my needs. I never got to the point with the others that I could find out about support or fees or blogs, because there was always something either difficult or missing for me to create a custom carved sign website.
It's easy to get started with Big Commerce, and the price is right at the beginning. Once I realized how detailed I could make all the listings I didn't really have a good plan in place. It's fairly difficult to change the pricing on each listing, the way I have things set up, but it does allow me to tack on extras, and charge the correct amount.