Overall Satisfaction with Bitbucket
All the dev groups in our organization use a hosted instance of Bitbucket. Typically each department has their own project with the exception being projects for shared libraries used across multiple products. Bitbucket allows us to efficiently manage the code base of products across our organization.
- Bitbucket allows us to create merge rules specific to the needs of each repository.
- Bitbucket allows for integrations with build tools such as TeamCity so we can ensure successful builds of branches and pull requests before merging.
- The different tools and comment tracking on pull requests are super convenient.
- There is a learning curve to the UI and user management tools.
- For our organization Bitbucket has been a great tool. With the complexity of all our different code bases it gives us the customization options we need.