Overall Satisfaction with Bitbucket
Be it the case where your company has just been founded and there are only one or two engineers, or it has matured into a big organization with huge teams; at both the stages you need to maintain your code base properly. For us, Bitbucket has been the sole code hosting and collaboration tool from the beginning of our organization. For all our projects, we trust Bitbucket.
- The best code hosting & collaboration tool
- Very good integration with task management systems such as Jira
- Provides easy and effective CI/CD
- Code review is amazing on Bitbucket
- Seeing the older commits. If we want to track a specific piece of code in a file by visiting some of the older commits from dropdown, then currently if we select on any commit, the dropdown resets; thus losing track of commit that was selected.
- The dashboard where the pull requests of all the projects are shown could be improved by adding more filters. Currently there are limited options and requires us to travel to that specific repository if we want to apply any filter.
- Repository management
- Pull request reviews
- Build Automation
- Integration with Slack
- As an agritech company, our main offering depends on the software. Bitbucket has direct positive impact on our offering.
I have used GitLab and GitHub in the past. While GitLab is good if you are finding an open source solution for your code management and GitHub is good for the open source contribution, Bitbucket is an ideal choice to build an enterprise level product. The ecosystem that Jira has created along with Bitbucket, it helps elevate your organisation.
Do you think Bitbucket delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Bitbucket's feature set?
Did Bitbucket live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Bitbucket go as expected?
Would you buy Bitbucket again?
Throughout my career, I have used multiple repository management solutions, and Bitbucket provides one of the cleanliest and easiest solution. The ecosystem and interconnectivity with their other products that they provide is amazing. It makes repository management, task management and tracking a piece of cake, making everyone in the organization to be aware of the status of their product development.