Bitdefender - After 2 years
October 05, 2018
Bitdefender - After 2 years
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Bitdefender GravityZone
We are using Bitdefender through our entire organization, we migrated from Avast! and process was fairly smooth. I am not overly fond of having to "tune" UAC during the deployment process nor am I fond of the fact that you cannot have multiple licenses with different expiration of the same type of client. That being said Bitdefender is one of the best products on the market and the fact that their engine is licensed to about a dozen other popular AV products speaks volumes. Randsomware detection and prevention seems to be second to none and the overall management of the product is mature and intuitive unlike some if their primary competitors. Overall I am very satisfied and would highly recommend to anyone.
- Randomware detection and prevention
- Centralized and simply policy based management with AD integration
- Centralized scanning offloads much of the processing needed and frees the client to be used for its intended purpose.
- You cannot run multiple licenses for any given client type. An example would be if I purchase a group of clients and need to add more licensing my only option is to prorate into the existing, I cannot run a separate license file with a separate expirations date. This can pose an issue if trying to divide licensing for budgetary purposes or simple expansion.
- While the deployment process was smooth overall for us UAC does need to be tweaked for it to be successful. This really shouldn't be necessary.
- During the sales process it was stressed that Bitdefender would automatically remove our existing AV product making deployment extremely simple, this however turned out to not be the case and our existing AV had to be removed by other means.
- Being in education our previous AV solution was provided free of charge until this year so the ROI factor for us is a negative in terms of money. I will have to say that Bitdefender was really good a working with us to achieve a reasonable price point and actually came in cheaper than some of the lesser alternatives out there.
We have looked at Kaspersky several times but have always decided the client to heavy and management was cumbersome at best. We used Avast Business Antivirus for about 5 years primarily because it was free for education and we had ESET before that. Overall Bitdefender is easier to manage in all cases and I feel thus far it has provided a better detection rate. BD also includes extended features such as firewall and application control that were not present in our other AV solutions.
I would highly recommend Bitdefender to anyone for most any situation. We currently are using it for both our infrastructure and our clients and have been extremely pleased with its performance overall. The client is light and centralized scanning can move processing off of the client.