Moving to the future and being paperless
May 03, 2019
Moving to the future and being paperless
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud Education Management Solutions (formerly Blackbaud K–12 ON Solutions)
Our entire school uses Blackbaud Education Management. It has helped improve our paperless environment with student records, directories, storing information and uploading files. It is our website and we were able to launch a new and improved website. Our school forms are much better. It is a great communication tool.It has improved our enrollment and admissions process.
- The Resource area is a great place to upload documents and have forms and lots of information to communicate with parents, students and alumni.
- We no longer have a paper directory, the online directory is great and very useful and being online it is up to date as soon as information is entered.
- Enrollment Management is great. The contracts are easy to make and integrate with SMART tuition. Parents can easily find them.
- School forms are fabulous and parents have mentioned how easy they are now to complete.
- The new and old report card builder aren't so great for a lower school report card with using skills to evaluate.
- It would be really great if we can lock parents and students from seeing grades and report cards if tuition isn't up to date but allow them to see homework being assigned.
- If a parent fills out a form it would be great to then have it submit to the SMART tuition account so everything is paid in one place.
- The Enrollment management is a GREAT improvement from using Net Community. It use to take several minutes to set up a contract for one student. Now it is just a couple of minutes.
- In Admissions the applications just need approval in Net Community it was a big syncing process that took a lot of time.
- The website is very easy to use with uploading photos and text. It is great that you can have so many styles to apply.
- Operational efficiency
- Advanced automation
- Improved internal and external communications
- A connected school solution
Efficiency has improved for sure, but there is still the constant teaching for some that may be resistant to change. There has been great improvement with school to family communication so parents are always connected to what is going on day to day. There is always improvement needed but I know that can take some time.
We have benefited from NXT integration but there is definitely room for improvement. We had a lot of issues with our RE integration and in NXT there is not a function yet for the RE connection sync you have to use the old view. Using SMART has helped in the financial office with its integration. I am not sure there is a much more and I do use some of the NXT products as certain functions are not in the Education products such as pulling up a list and seeing it on a map.
The support is probably one of the best, better then most companies. Everyone is always nice and polite. Many of our questions do get resolved but sometimes they need to research them and we always get a response. If the answer doesnt help us then we add the idea to the community and I have seen many ideas implemented which is great.
We currently use it and it truly has helped. Setting up the application and parents completing them is very easy to use as well as the enrollment contracts. We even currently no longer send out paper letters as the communication tools are great with getting acceptance letters out. We arent using the scheduling function yet but hope to be soon. It has been a great tool for communicating with parents from time of Inquiry to enrollment.
onCampus is a great tool for teachers and is much better then former FAWeb. I think the hard part is people can be resistant to change. This product has a great layout and very easy to use. Grades and assignments as well as information on the course is all in here, it is just how much the user is using it and inputting information. Taking attendance is quite simple as it is laid out on your calendar for the day and a simple click. The product is a gret tool it is the teaching of the product and using it that is the more difficult part.
There has been much improvement in onRecord especially with the switch over of the products being better integrated. I do feel there are too many places you do need to click to go to in order to set up a class and schedule the class, and apply grading. Once classes are sey up it is great.
This system is Fabulous and easy to use. Setting up pages for a website is very user friendly. There is a lot of flexibility and lots you can customize to suit your school.. Pushpage is great as we finally have a system where we arent uploading distribution lists monthly to update them they are integrated in the system. There is a lot of functionality with Athletics and more for us to explore but having the Athletics information in the system is great as those who need to see where students are can not just the coaches.
The support with Blackbaud is by far the best. During our transition year the consultants trained us very well and were very helpful and even had ideas for school best practices. Having the support made the transition less stressful. Coming from Education Edge and other Blackbaud products this system is a great improvement with only having to log into one system.