Doesn't live up to the hype
July 09, 2022
Doesn't live up to the hype
Score 5 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT
We are a nonprofit independent school, and we manage our donor relations with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT.
- Tracking gifts
- Tracking donor contact info
- Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT duplicates donor contact info/records when new gifts come in and this is tedious to sort through and clear up.
- Inability to attribute incoming gifts to open pledges via Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT. This must be done manually in the Database after the gift has been processed in Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT.
- Mismatched functionality between Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT and Database - There are many examples of this, but converting an open pledge to an automated recurring gift is a precarious and stressful process.
- When searching through constituents in Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT, there is no option within 'Search relationship records' to edit the columns, to see their constituency type, or any other identifying information.
- Much of the constituent information is not editable in Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT, like 'Education'.
- In 'Lists', not all columns of information can be sorted - For example: in a gift list, it is not possible to sort the list by campaign, Fund, or Appeal.
- As the coordinating products for Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT (Financial Edge, Education Edge, etc) are not well-reviewed, I was unable to convince the other department's to sync our systems, so because I'm on a separate system, reconciling with Finance, and importing new families is a much longer process.
It completely varies based on the instructor. I've begun taking the same training twice to attempt to get more information about the skill I'm training for, and it is shocking how varied the trainers are in their knowledge.
Do you think Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT's feature set?
Did Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT again?
It works to track gifts and donor contact information, but it is lacking in functionality when it comes to the nuances of donor relationship management. For example, I have a major donor who has an open pledge that they've been making on-time payments for years - He just called me up and said, "I see you have recurring gifts - can I fill that out once to take care of the remaining pledge payments?" I had to explain to him, that, unfortunately, no - that is for new recurring gifts - but I could convert his pledge to a recurring gift, which I would then need to convert to an automated recurring gift. Because it is an incredibly arduous and inefficient process to do this, I will need to reach back out to him at a later time to get his card information over the phone (which is against our policy to protect our donor's info, but there is no other option available to our donors).