Raiser's Edge NXT is a half-baked product.
July 18, 2022

Raiser's Edge NXT is a half-baked product.

Candi Clark | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

I work in Advancement Services. My primary responsibilities are gift processing and data management. I develop procedures for data entry/updates and train others.
  • Ease of use for front line fundraisers
  • Search bar
  • Merging gifts from 1 record to another (can be done 1 at a time rather than merging an entire giving history.)
  • Missing ability to add comments/source to phone numbers and emails
  • Missing ability to add address attributes
  • Missing ability to merge all data from one ID to another
  • Needs improvement in gift batch entry (ex. defaults)
  • I would like ALL attachments, regardless of where they are added (ex. Action, Opportunity) to be visible in one tile so that I don't have to search all over the record to find the attachment.
  • I would like to see the "merge from" record not be marked as inactive when merging records. We have specific business rules for making a record inactive and merging data from it does not fit our practices.
  • I would like to see gift batch entry have all the functionality that is in database view.
  • Easier for front-line fundraisers to use.
  • I think that we are too new using this product for me to see a positive ROI.
I am not in development, so I don't have much input. The Deceased Finder tool did help us to clean up our database.
Your website for trainings is oddly difficult to use. All the trainings should be available in one place on the website.
From a gift processing and data management standpoint I can't say much positive about NXT over RE7 other than it's prettier from my experiences.

Do you think Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT delivers good value for the price?

Not sure

Are you happy with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT's feature set?

Did Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT go as expected?

Would you buy Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT again?

In my opinion, it works well for front-line fundraisers but for those that work in the nuts and bolts of gift entry and detailed records, it works poorly. In my experiences, it is obvious to me that NXT was launched before it was fully ready. I am very frustrated that we went through the time, expense, and trouble of migrating from RE7 to NXT only to find that there is less functionality for data keeping and gift processing. In addition, almost immediately after our migration to NXT the functionality of receipting and writing letters was taken away without a replacement process. Switching to NXT has literally made my job more difficult rather than less.