Still waiting for the NeXT in NXT
July 27, 2022

Still waiting for the NeXT in NXT

Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

I am the development director and oversee a development assistant. I use Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT to manage all aspects of the development program for mid-size nonprofits serving aging adults. I use Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT for board/volunteer management, major gifts tracking and reporting, annual fund segmentation and tracking, planned to give, and moving towards using it for events, email marketing and moves management.
  • user interface
  • quick snapshots of fundraising progress
  • use by non-development staff and volunteers who also manage donor relationships
  • integration with database view seems stalled. Many issues reconciling with DB power user to ensure consistency in coding and reporting.
  • Identifying new prospects
  • Managing cultivation & stewardship moves
  • Sleek reporting of fundraising progress to stakeholders
  • The prior DoD did not fully utilize NXT features. It's taking time to do the "housekeeping" needed to fully utilize NXT to determine its benefit to our organization.
  • Ability to use analysis tools to upgrade annual fund donors
  • Ability to assign and monitor donor/prospect activity with CEO and board
Too soon to say
  • In-Person Training
I did not select Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT but rather inherited it. I believe Salesforce is more customizable which, if you were involved during the implementation phase and aware of organization-specific customizations, makes for an overall better user experience and ability to conduct richer analysis. I would like to see Blackbaud reps do a periodic analysis of how organizations are using the product over time, so they can better educate users and highlight areas where smarter utilization of features could bring better results, with specifics.

Do you think Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT delivers good value for the price?

Not sure

Are you happy with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT's feature set?

Did Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT go as expected?

Would you buy Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT again?

I am primarily a Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT user. My DB manager is primarily a database view user. We have spent many hours trying to figure out how the coding in Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT view translates to and where it appears in NXT. This contributes to an overall lack of confidence in Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT ability to accurately reflect gift and prospect management data coming out of DB view. We're overcoming these issues by codifying user procedures, but there should be a better way. If and when the database view fully integrates to NXT and is discontinued, some of these issues should be resolved. For now, it seems as if we are constantly trying to reconcile the two systems.