BlueJeans at an academic publishing companyhttps://www.trustradius.com/web-conferencingBlueJeansUnspecified8.75251012019-01-18T23:35:55.723Z
January 18, 2019
BlueJeans at an academic publishing company
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with BlueJeans
We use BlueJeans within our department rather than the whole organization. It is used for internal calls if the staff is working off-site, calls with our external product development team and for webinars with our subscribers. We need to share screens to demonstrate our collection of e-books and BlueJeans allows us to do this easily.
- Ease of inviting and adding contacts to a call
- Quality of audio is good and the chat box allows one of us to monitor messages while the other is sharing her screen
- Recordings arrive punctually and it's easy to share the link
- Quality of the recordings is good
- Send an automated reminder to attendees scheduled on a call, or have the option to turn that feature on.
- We have been running a trial program and BlueJeans has helped us reach out to the potential subscribers
We found that Cisco WebEx webinars sometimes had technical problems, especially with audio quality. It was also difficult to share a recording with those who had attended a webinar. We find BlueJeans does not have these glitches and works well for our needs. We selected BlueJeans based on the recommendation of our external product development team.
BlueJeans automatically adds meetings to our internal email calendar, which is helpful when we have several calls or webinars scheduled for the same week.
We find that BlueJeans works particularly well if we have several people invited to a call. Attendees rarely get dropped and the sound quality is good. Sharing screens works well. We particularly like the ease of sharing the recording link (this was a problem with the previous system that we used for webinars).