Overall Satisfaction with BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite
It's being used throughout the organization. It helped reduce the number of applications for service support and operation within the organization. We have a single console as well as single tool to create workflows. It also reduced the operational cost of other applications by automating certain processes.
- Best aligned ITIL process - we were able to align our own process without much customization. Tight integration with all modules reduces the data redundancy and duplicate work.
- We can perform any kind of actions and intelligent work to be carried out by the tool such as validation, and enforcing the policies to be followed etc.
- You can develop any application on ARS platform which is an advantage.
- Users should be able to customize their home page as per their need.
- There are so many fields not being utilized properly. We need to understand the tool deeply to explore certain capabilities. Most of the valuable features and how to configure those are not available freely.
- When a customer purchases the application, there is a need for an expert team to come and do the implementation. There should be a possibility for customers to use features like pre-stack implementation with customer data so that it will reduce the implementation time line as well as enable certain features when required.
- Upgrade path should be configured as a wizard where all required steps should be followed with the upgrade utility. Current process is too complex.
- ROI is slow as initial investment is high.
- New entry products have come up with colorful feature which is sometimes [found] attractive by the end users. As far as Remedy is concerned, this is process oriented tool rather than customer oriented.
- CA Univenter
Capability wise, Remedy is way above CA. Also the product roadmap and maturity is so high.