BMC for Change Managment/ITSMhttps://www.trustradius.com/it-service-management-itsmBMC Helix ITSM (Remedy)Unspecified7.71481012017-11-30T17:38:17.311Z
November 30, 2017
BMC for Change Managment/ITSM
Score 5 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite
We use BMC Remedy for Change Management across the entire organization. It allows users to submit and manage change requests and associated tasks/jobs. We also previously used BMC Remedy for our Help Desk functions but we migrated that to a different product last year. BMC Remedy has been used by my organization for over 10 years.
- Management of change requests including approvals, scheduling and completing the related tasks
- Ability for users to approve items via email and mobile devices
- Allow users to view data/reports easily
- Expandability is limited and once you make certain customizations the upgrade process can become difficult or impossible
- Relationships between Configuration Items and Changes is clunky and difficult to setup/maintain
- Service Desk functionality is not as robust as other tools and does not allow for easy configurations/customizations
- The ROI was fine initially as we got what we paid for and it served its purpose
- Over time, we got behind on releases due to limitations with customizations we made to the application. The product then became out of support and completely out of date, and we had to replace
- Overall ROI was minimal and once the product was out of date we found more value in other tools
The decision to select BMC Remedy was made prior to my employment. We did conduct an RFC process for a new ITSM platform and BMC was considered but not selected. We looked at several platforms and ended up choosing Ivanti Service Desk (previously LANDESK) due to the features, ease of customization and price.
BMC works for change management functions but what we found was that the application was extremely limited once you make customizations/changes. Standard updates/patches become difficult to execute and then the software gets out of sync with the current version. The ITSM functions were limited and we found other products were far superior in this area.