Overall Satisfaction with Brightpearl
I don't know if the issue was with implementation, or if perhaps there was a lack of understanding of our needs as a business. Perhaps the right questions (or not enough of them!) were not asked. The support during implementation seemed to be truncated and many of our operational issues where not dealt with.
I have not used customer support directly, but have channeled issues/questions through our Brightpearl liaison in our office. For issues where there was not a quick fix - there was a disappointing level of interaction.
Brightpearl is used across our whole company from sales to inventory management to client management. It allows us to effectively track our inventory from both the front/sales end and the warehouse/back end. It has also been instrumental in tackling our main issue with managing client data and using if for targeted marketing.
- We can very easily see inventory levels and therefore manage our client expectations.
- We love how you can see overviews from both the client perspective and a project perspective.
- It also is great how Brightpearl links different individual clients from the same organization.
- Missing functionality - only two ccs when sending email estimates or receipts. We are in the construction industry and in most cases more thatn 2 people need to be in the loop on projects.
- Missing functionality - ability to subtotal in a sales order and have a line item discount. We need to be able to show our clients the true value of our products (subtotal) and then explicitly show them the discount that is being extended to them. Having the discount buried in the individual line item gives a false sense of the value of the item.
- We should have the ability to number the line items. Some of our orders have 40-50 line items. When we are making revisions with the client, it is MUCH easier to reference a line item rather than a product.
- No option for being able to show revision numbers for the estimates - many estimates will be revised 4-6 times and we need to be clear that all parties are working from the most recent revision.
- Better tracking of individual clients' business and understanding of their needs.
- Better able to track and access client groups for marketing purposes.
- Inventory management - front end users are much more able to immediately assess inventory.
The tracking ability of orders is far superior in Brightpearl. Also, Brightpearl is much better suited to logging and tracking client info.
It seems to be less appropriate for use in the construction industry - functionality does not allow for the conventions necessary for this industry.