Overall Satisfaction with Brightpearl
We did everything ourselves as the cost to get Brightpearl to implement everything needed was too high.
Their support is incredibly good, if there is a problem and you e-mail, a reply comes back straight away and it is resolved within a short period of time.
We use Brightpearl as a CRM and a financial system combined. This addresses the problem of having two separate systems that can have problems in linking with each other. The good thing is that it's cloud based so our sales people find it easier to access when out and about to place orders, rather than try and connect through our server for access. The whole company uses Brightpearl.
- It is easy to find a contact, product or anything you need without knowing the full details or sku code.
- It is easy to access for anyone off site.
- It is easy to see immediately if an order cannot be fulfilled in full.
- The poor area is that it is not easy to see immediately which products need to be ordered if you wish to keep say 6 weeks of stock in at any time, and therefore this means from time to time we can run out of an item. This area is a real problem for us. Ideally you should be able to create a file that you can pull off easily showing the last 6 weeks sales and then what is required to cover the next 6 weeks.
- I don't like the fact that under a company, you can have several contacts, one is the primary (so far fine) but if an order is placed by one of the contacts and the order is not put through the primary contact then it will not automatically refer the sale / account number etc., to the primary contact.
- There is nothing that you can send with an order as a note to the warehouse with specific instructions about an order, - especially with retail customers who may have certain delivery instructions - ideally a note that is seen by the warehouse only would help.
- If you were to create an order, but it is not shipped immediately, it creates a payment due date against the order date and not against the invoice date so every order has to be checked and changed manually - this is ridiculous.
- I cannot see that we have been able to increase turnover or lead conversion as we had good systems beforehand in this respect.
- I have managed to gain a lot of extra time with implementing consumer orders as Amazon and our own Website is directly linked to Brightpearl.
- It is easier and quicker for the sales team to input their orders.
We specifically wanted a cloud based system that combined both financials and CRM and this was pretty much the only system that fit the bill.