Making us all Designers
Updated April 19, 2022
Making us all Designers
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Canva
We are using Canva for a variety of purposes—social media stories, social media posts, to design fact sheets, reports, and other functions. What I love about Canva is that it gives those of us without design skills templates and a canvas to work with, and therefore levels the playing field. It also allows us to streamline workflow and reserve our designer's time for bigger projects. It's improved our social media presence and created more consistency and brand alignment in all our materials.
- Designs that meet specs (Instagram image, social banner photos, etc.).
- Brand consistency: Especially since we saved our colors etc. within the software.
- Making designers out of those without traditional design skills.
- It's hard to find images, etc. to use without a Pro account—you can't sort by the free images. We ended up purchasing the Pro account because we needed access to additional features.
- The designs are basic. It still helps to have a creative eye so that you can differentiate your products.
- Sharing designs among team members is slightly cumbersome, but once you figure it out, works well.
- Design templates for multiple uses.
- Built in photos, elements, and features to incorporate.
- Ability to share designs among team members and collaborate on designs.
- Increased impact of our social media work by allowing us to use stories and designs created in Canva.
- Allowed us to complete design projects on our own rather than sending everything to the designer.
- Brand alignment across projects and platforms.
I have InDesign but have struggled to become proficient with it. Canva is a more cost-effective and user-friendly alternative. Our designer still works in InDesign and for a designer, it has superior features, but to get some projects completed quickly with higher quality, Canva is a great choice.
Do you think Canva delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Canva's feature set?
Did Canva live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Canva go as expected?
Would you buy Canva again?
We use Canva in multiple aspects of our communications work and its become an invaluable tool for us to use. We share designs among team members and collaborate on projects within the software. Downloading our projects for use on social media, as a PDF, or in whatever format needed is easy in the software. Our designer can also go in and tighten up aspects of our work and move projects to the next phase faster.