Canva | An innovative Online Design tool
January 28, 2022
Canva | An innovative Online Design tool
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Canva
Canva allows you to create stunning posters, social media posts, flyers, and more directly in your browser. It's also so simple to operate that even a toddler could figure it out. We basically provide services and thus concentrate on content creation. All the content for Twitter, Instagram Reels, Posters, Facebook Post, etc are made in Canva. It's user-friendly and is less time-consuming. It's really useful while making Logos. An easy-to-use interface, a variety of free Canva stickers, components, and photographs, as well as gorgeous, completely customizable templates, has made our content creation easier and more customer satisfying. Videos can be easily created and customized and thus it is a really helpful tool for content creation.
- Templates & Designs: Canva features over 8,000 free templates for over a hundred different design kinds (from social media posts to business cards.) The templates are elegantly designed. Canva Pro and Enterprise customers have access to an additional 100,000 designs as well as a variety of stock pictures, graphics, and videos. A Brand Kit option is included in both the Pro and Enterprise memberships, which lets you build and maintain a visual identity.
- One-Click Image Resize: If you like a design but want to utilize it in a different format? The Magic Resize tool will help you achieve that. You may scale any design to meet the width and height you require with this premium-only feature.
- Large varieties of Images Graphics: Canva has a large library of stock images, icons, and videos that can be used for content creation. It has affordable graphic design tools which one can use while making videos and ads.
- Supports many Formats and Storage: Jpeg, gif, png, pdf, and SVG are all acceptable image formats. You may also submit videos in the following formats: MOV, gif, or MP4. Individual files and total uploads for both videos and photos are limited in size. Can customers with a free plan get up to 5GB of total upload capacity, but premium accounts get up to 100GB. Members of the Enterprise plan get limitless storage.
- A lot of premium-only features: The image resizes tool is a premium feature. There is a limitation in storage for free signups. And a lot of images, stickers, and videos are pro.
- Can't create Unique Elements: You can't conjure elements in Canva. These are pre-made designs and design enhancers like lines, frames, icons, shapes, and stickers that you may use in your works. You can only utilize the ones they provide. Colors and sizes can be changed, and they can be rotated and moved about, but that's about it.
- Photo editing options are limited (Canva seems more design-focused): Canva includes picture editing capabilities, but it lacks the power of programs like Photoshop and can't do heavy-duty stuff.
- There is a chance of repetition in the popular design templates since a lot of businesses use Canva.
- Access to images, videos, and templates:
- With the Canva Pro subscription, you have access to 75+ million photographs and videos, as well as 420,000+ templates; just a portion of them are available with the free plan.
- Animate pictures:
- You may use animation effects in Canva. Block, Breathe, Fade, Pan, and Rise are examples of free animations; commercial animations are also available.
- Access to icons, shapes, and stickers:
- Icons, shapes, stickers, charts, grids, gradients, and more can be accessed in Canva's Elements tab. It has many shapes and icons.
- Brand Kit
- The Brand Kit is a place where you may save all of your brand materials, such as fonts, colors, and logos. It is a pro feature.
- Canva has a really cool collection of Pre-Made templates and a wide variety of Icons, Stock images, and other elements we can choose from. It really boosted the time we take for preparing visual content.
- It has a lot of tools and features that help us stay active on all our Social Media handles. It also has a content planner which allows us to post on all our Social platforms consistently and effortlessly. The tool is of great utility when it comes to Content Idea Generation. Also, the Content Produced is extremely Conversion-Friendly.
- It also provides a feature specifically for Establishing Brands. It allows us to establish our brand designs like Fonts, Logos, and other files, which makes it easier to produce Brand-specific Content.
- It also is a huge time-saver when it comes to video content generation. It allows creating Short form videos like Instagram Reels, Youtube Shorts, or TikTok videos.
PicMonkey does not provide a free option, and its template library is less than Canva's. Both platforms have a simple user interface and are suitable for beginners. Canva, on the other hand, provides more comprehensive tools for producing graphics for social media, advertisements, commercial use, etc. As for Visme, the subscription plans are more costly and its social media sharing options are less robust. But in Canva there are pre-made presentations and social media posts which makes it best for small startup businesses.
Do you think Canva delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Canva's feature set?
Did Canva live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Canva go as expected?
Would you buy Canva again?
Canva is well suited for 1)Content Creation- Canva's commercial usage of licensed material will assist content producers of all types, from bloggers who want to build their own banners to ebook writers who want to make their own book covers from scratch. 2)Marketing Tools- Canva's simple beginner-friendly style makes it easy for marketing teams with minimal graphic design skills (and limited outsourced budgets) to develop advertising and social media images. 3)Social media posts- Canva allows creating visuals for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and many more platforms. 5)Graphic designs- Without prior training or expertise, entrepreneurs and small company owners may handle their own graphic design (for a cheap price). 6)For making Short videos and Animations and Ad creation.