Reliable backup for your important data
October 04, 2019

Reliable backup for your important data

Overall Satisfaction with Carbonite Endpoint

This is my primary back up software. There is a lot of critical data on my laptop that I just cannot afford to lose in case of a hardware failure. I also used Google Drive for backup but I felt that it was not really the optimal solution for multiple reasons (specific automation being the primary one). Carbonite works better because you can automate it to suit your specific requirements. Currently, I have it creating incremental backups at a regular interval to the cloud. It is almost a fire-and forget solution. You set it up once to make automatic backups and after that, it runs quietly in the background without needing constant supervision.
  • Works great in the background without affecting your PC or network performance.
  • Tons of options to customize your backups. You can fine-tune it to run just the way you need it to.
  • It doesn't require constant maintenance or supervision. You set it up and deploy it once, afterward you only interact with it if it is having problems or if you need to change your back up method.
  • Really great support. We had to contact them a few times and every time the person on the other side was very helpful and polite.
  • Restoring takes forever. I have only had to recover a back up once but it took a long while to download it all back.
  • Subscription seems to force annual packages on you. You are locked in for a year no matter what happens. As far as I can tell there was no monthly/pay as you go set up.
  • It had issues updating a few times. That is when we had to contact support and it took a while to resolve (even though their support is terrific).
  • Data backup is critical to us. Carbonite ensures that we don't lose anything important.
  • It is also good protection against accidental deletions or if someone makes mistakes.
  • Cloud back up also means we don't have to worry about maintaining back up equipment or redundancy in storage.
I used both Google Drive and OneDrive for backing up my documents. And while they do an admirable job of doing that, neither of them are a complete backup solution. You cannot automate them to run incremental back ups at specific intervals and their degree of customization is very limited. And of course you cant really use them to back up any network/server related items.
The support staff was excellent. We were able to reach them quickly without having to jump through loops. They were polite and helpful and my turn around time to fix the issues I contacted them for was very good. Overall I had no issues with their support.

Do you think Carbonite Endpoint 360 delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Carbonite Endpoint 360's feature set?

Did Carbonite Endpoint 360 live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Carbonite Endpoint 360 go as expected?

Would you buy Carbonite Endpoint 360 again?

If you have critical data on your machine/network then you should not be relying on Google Drive or OneDrive. You need a solution that will automate and run backups in a timely manner. For that, I can easily recommend Carbonite. However, the one caveat being that you will be locked into an annual contract. However if the important date on your PC only consists of documents then I think just having them sync to your Gdrive should be enough.