Overall Satisfaction with Ceridian Dayforce
It is being used by payroll, finance, operations, and employees within our organization. It increased the accuracy of our scheduling and timesheets, eliminated our paper system for vacation and time away requests, which has saved considerable time for all departments and improved the accuracy of payroll processing as the time and attendance is directly connected to the payroll. It has given our managers and employees more visibility on employee information, and has streamlined some of our HR functions.
- The time away request system is all automated. The employee enters a request, and the manager then reviews the request and approves or denies the request. If the request is approved it populates the timesheet, which then goes to the payroll.
- The scheduling and timesheets are one integrated system with the payroll, so if the schedule is correct, and the employee works the scheduled shift, then no adjustments are required.
- It's a paperless system for rate increases. The manager enters the request for a rate increase for their employees. The workflow then goes to the approving manager, and, if approved, updates the HR record, timesheets, and payroll.
- Tracking of vacation hours taken and paid is also automatic, and no intervention or manual entries are required.
- I can't think of anything that is hard to use or has missing functionality.
- We have seen a significant decrease in the amount of time it takes to perform payroll and HR functions.
- We have significantly reduced our reliance on paper.
- Our employees are happier, as they can see their timesheet, vacation balances, time away requests, personal information, and benefits information. Prior to the implementation of Dayforce, our employees only saw their paystubs.
Dayforce is set up so that overtime and vacation entitlements are calculated according to employment standards, which ensures that we are compliant. Tax tables are updated by Ceridian as they change, which ensures we are properly withholding the correct taxes. Benefits are set up so that eligibility rules are adhered to.
Because everything is on one platform and inter-connected, it is easy to see the impact of proposed changes immediately, thereby reducing the time involved in the decision-making process.
During our selection process, we evaluated Ceridian Dayforce, ADP, and Payworks software. We chose Dayforce specifically because it was one platform, and one integrated system. It is, in my opinion, the Cadillac of payroll/hr systems.
I have found Dayforce is well suited for everything including payroll, performance tracking, scheduling, vacation processing and tracking, scheduling, time collection, and cost. I cannot think of any scenarios where it is not appropriate.