Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review 208 of 210
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Review: "I'm part of the forceful future with Ceridian Dayforce HCM, are you?"
https://www.trustradius.com/hr-managementCeridian DayforceUnspecified8.2514101

5.41
Modules Used
Ceridian Dayforce HCM

Overall Satisfaction with Ceridian Dayforce HCM

In the US, it is currently being used by all our facilities with the time and attendance feature and the Payroll feature at Corporate level. It addresses the time and attendance for all wage employees. We have employees in practically every state and allows those employees to be efficient at reporting pay adjustments. Managers are being held accountable for managing their employees and payroll is receiving information in a more organized and timely manner. We have recent;y been updated with version 6.44 and enjoying a lot more feature updates since the implementation. Example: Updated the Work Assignments tab of My HR > Assignments, so that the employee's current primary work assignment record is displayed by default when the tab is opened. Previously, the application displayed the work assignment record with the most recent Effective From date was displayed by default, regardless of whether it was the employee's primary work assignment record or not.
  • Ceridian Dayforce HCM has allowed our Company the opportunity to challenge, empower and educate all our employees. Our employees are now investing their time more efficiently. Our managers and supervisors are feeling more in control of their time and administrative tasks.
  • This has benefited them two fold, ensure that their employees are getting paid correctly and managing their goals with knowing where their employees are, even if they work in a different state.
  • Our payroll administrator’s processes and daily administrative tasks have been streamlined and have allowed them more time to free up to do other tasks
  • We have employees in practically every state and it has allowed a universal language for all. with all these employees updating their Time Away from Work at any time and giving managers the freedom to schedule meetings by taking the guess work out of employee availability.
  • My favorite is the Scheduled Reports feature. I schedule all the reports I need to run at the beginning of the month and they just drop into my message box, ready to use on the scheduled time!
  • Teach users more short cuts so we can be more efficient.
  • Reporting, more training!
  • A better understanding on how the tax engine works
  • The error messages were more easy to understand
  • Our payroll administrator’s processes and daily administrative tasks have been streamlined and have allowed at least 30 % more time to free up to do other tasks.
  • We can now provide a positive employee experience. They only have to log in once to access all their information. Previously, there was a separate portal to view tax information
  • There is less demand on the HR department for employee updates and need for information. Because Ceridian Dayforce HCM updates flow this has been making processes and daily administration more efficient.
  • We have since implementation included our open enrollment via DayForce and included a number of enrollments (Life Event, New Hire and the Benefits Discontinuance Forms). These are proving to be valuable to our HR department because we have reduced paper and filing!
We used the prior Ceridian product. This was a very old version and was complicated. This new up-to-date product is what we need to accommodate a new workforce that is more mobile and transient. Moving to this "new" Ceridian Dayforce HCM product was proof that they have done the work to improve.
We were given an expert to work with directly. It was good to know we could rely on someone to be there at any time. We had various training classes to bring all involved in the transition to a better understanding of what we were going to be using daily. We were introduced to Dayforce support after the transition. We were given plenty of support knowledge. The Dayforce Support Portal is invaluable. Since implementation we have been taking other classes, an example is the DayForce Year End training, this is a great class, I would highly recommend it.

Using Ceridian Dayforce HCM

I believe that Ceridian is constantly improving this product to be more efficient in handling all aspects of HR/Payroll. Ceridian has invested a great deal in developing a product that delivers. I can only imagine how this product is going to be even more streamlined as we move into the future. Our facilities needs are continually changing and we need a product that can keep up! Since implementation we have been impressed with the updated features and have had a sneak preview on what's to come in the next version. It looks exciting and we are ready to use it~

Using Dayforce

I am not a configuration specialist, if I were perhaps there would be a little less issues.
ProsCons
Convenient
Feel confident using
Familiar
None
  • The HR function is easy to use and understand.
  • I particularly like the Benefits Enrollment function, creating what you want, it's great!
  • Timesheets are also easy to use. I like the filter feature and reports.
  • Benefits Set-up, you need a configuration specialist for this!
  • My Reports, you need a training class if you want to know more.
  • My Day can be tricky.