Simple Expense Reporting
April 05, 2019

Simple Expense Reporting

Score 8 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with Certify

Certify is used by the entire organization, but the bulk of its use is in sales. We use it for expenses. It is extremely simple to use, very intuitive, and has a clean and modern feel to it. Many times we take clients out or use it as a way to thank others for internal trainings. It also helps the company get to know each other as a whole without bothering executives for a credit card. I pick up bagels every Friday for the team and because it's an approved expense I don't have to ping an executive for a card or cash to pay for something. I can simply upload my receipt and be reimbursed by the next pay check.
  • Simplicity of user experience
  • Accountability for expense trail
  • Auditing previous receipts
  • Mobile application
  • Breaking down expenses into categories
  • Web app is more complicated than mobile app
  • Direct ties with my bank account for immediate reimbursement
  • Automatically generating expense reports that go to email every month (time savings).
  • Ability to centralize virtual copies of receipts (easier time auditing).
  • Less errors from unapproved spending.
I thankfully haven't had too many encounters with the customer service team for anything complicated. They have been quick to respond to email and fast to get on the phone. I've been able to have my issue solved in minutes rather than being transferred all over from person to person. I haven't had a negative experience or heard of one recently.
The Certify mobile app is so easy. From automatic expense reporting to being able to snap a picture of the receipt, they make it very centralized and quick to verify accounting. I never have any issues with processing and the tool is super simple with no place to get lost. It's an expense tool that focuses on the basics: lower level employees or managers need to get approved expenses back quickly.
I've used Concur in a past life and it was trying to do too much on many occasions. I like Certify because it focuses on the simple things employees need to be reimbursed for, like already approved expenses. Concur gave a lot of different features but, for lack of a better example, I don't need a washing machine inside of my 4 door sedan.
Certify is well suited for teams with high trust and day to day operating expenses that are approved by a boss and where the boss is not always around to do everything himself. It works well in a sales environment or a marketing department where smaller expenses or club-like expenses can be designated for a smaller group of tenured people to take advantage of without having to get the individuals corporate cards. Certify is not ideal for companies with complicated hierarchy or high turnover.