March 07, 2015
Score 5 out of 10
- resource management
- project management
Overall Satisfaction with Changepoint
Change point was reviewed and purchased as a common portfolio management and project management centralized point of data for both IT and business users at a healthcare insurance company in MN. It's primary audience was IT personnel, and was the foundation for capturing all IT projects and the entire project management lifecycle. In addition, one of the key benefits was to replace the time tracking tool that was in place at the time using Changepoint functionality.
- Project management functionality is solid. The PM can navigate in this tool relatively easily and gain access to reporting fairly easily.
- The reporting overall is good. Dashboards were well received by our mgmt at the time
- The training and support team for us was second to none from a knowledge/timeliness and "guidance" perspective
- There were whole sections of the tool at the time that were not very intuitive. Simpler is better and your screen designs should reflect that
- Design your reporting interfaces for your key audience members- IT executives, IT Project Mgmt Leaders, Project Team members, Key stakeholders, etc. and design the dashboards and reports with those teams in mind
- Be crystal clear on what Changepoint does better than the competition, and if it isn't perceived as better, communicate the plan to get there and a realistic timeframe.
- Increased employee efficiency
- Consolidated source for all projects in IT for the organization
- Single source for time tracking and approvals over "homegrown" application
- HP Project and Portfolio Management,HP Service Manager,Microsoft SQL Server,ClaritySoft,MS SharePoint,Planview Enterprise
We believed that Changepoint matched up well, had better support and provided a better pricing structure that worked better for our budget constraints over time. The team was willing to work with us on the design of the tool for our needs and it wasn't going to break the bank from a budget perspective.
Compare this product to CA-Clarity functionality. Compare this product to MS Project PPM Enterprise functionality. This tool should always drive to be in the most popular Gartner quadrant for PPM/Project Mgmt tools. I think that the development team has more work to do in this regard with better communicating the key value proposition of selecting this tool as a PPM solution for it's prospective clients.