Checkpoint 2200 Appliances: Great for a midsize company
April 22, 2020

Checkpoint 2200 Appliances: Great for a midsize company

Randy MacFarland | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Check Point 2200 Appliances- Discontinued

We use it at most of our locations. At the main sites, we have 4 of them, 2 per internet connection. It's used for FW, VPN, and content filtering
  • Easy to setup the client and for the users to use.
  • Content Filtering. Block websites from users based on category.
  • Hardware is reliable.
  • Cost: very expensive to purchase and maintain.
  • Lack of disk space and memory are the biggest issues we have.
  • Hard/impossible to migrate from physical to virtual appliance.
  • Positive. The hardware is reliable. Support is good as long as you get passed first level.
  • Positive. Very little issues with 2200 once it's setup.
  • Support is very expensive and first level support is not that great.
I've used a few other firewalls and they all basically have the same features. 2200 was already purchased when I started at H2O Power. Except for price and maintenance being higher than most other firewalls they aren't bad. They aren't as good as they were 10 years ago, but I'm comparing them to 2200.
It all depends on who you get for support. There are a few that know the hardware/software well and some that don't. You can ask for a second level if you can't get your answer or issues resolved. But overall it's good. I would give it a higher score but we have waited for 4-6 hours for a call back on certain issues.

Do you think Check Point 2200 Appliances- Discontinued delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Check Point 2200 Appliances- Discontinued's feature set?

Did Check Point 2200 Appliances- Discontinued live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Check Point 2200 Appliances- Discontinued go as expected?

Would you buy Check Point 2200 Appliances- Discontinued again?

I would say you need someone experienced in Check Point Appliances. You must know the Linux command line as there are a lot of commands that aren't in the guild. I would say 2200 is for a medium-sized company. The appliance we have can't handle a big company and it would be too expensive for a small company.

Check Point 2200 Appliances- Discontinued Feature Ratings