The easiest form of remote control.
Isabella Houghton | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 06, 2020

The easiest form of remote control.

Overall Satisfaction with Chrome Remote Desktop

I wanted software that would allow for quick remote access, without having to install anything extra. Chrome Remote Desktop is exactly what I was looking for. I don't think it's very well known, but it's the ultimate solution to everything I wanted in software like this.
I often use this software to access files I have stored on another computer. Or, even, many times I use my smartphone to make the connection, so I can access those files without them being save in the cloud.
  • Chrome Remote Desktop is easy to use, because it's a browser extension. I don't know of any other software that's this easy and fast to use.
  • The most used browser is Chrome, so it's very likely that the client has it, and it's very easy to download it to start the connection.
  • For security reasons, the other computer asks for a PIN for access; I think this is an important and essential detail.
  • I like this software in general very much. The only problem is that there are times when the ram consumption of my computer increases too much, for a few seconds. This causes my computer and connection to freeze. It is not completely stable.
  • It is what we were looking for for our company. It is also excellent because you can control your entire computer from the Chrome extension.
Support is not able to solve problems at the moment, and it takes a long time to respond.

Do you think Chrome Remote Desktop delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Chrome Remote Desktop's feature set?

Did Chrome Remote Desktop live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Chrome Remote Desktop go as expected?

Would you buy Chrome Remote Desktop again?

Chrome Remote Desktop is perfect software for those who want to have a remote connection without complicated installations. It seems to me that the extension should be installed on all the devices the user has so that he can access them all from one way.performance.

Chrome Remote Desktop Feature Ratings

Screen sharing
File transfer
Instant message
Secure remote access with Smart Card authentication
Access to sleeping/powered-off computers
Over-the-Internet remote session
Initiate remote control from mobile
Remote management of servers & workstations
Remote Active Directory® management