Overall Satisfaction with Emburse Chrome River
Our entire organization uses Emburse Chrome River for travel & expense reimbursements for employees, students and non-employees. We also utilize Chrome River's dynamic programming to reconcile our company issued PCards and Non-PO vendor payments. We were looking for a solution to simplify these processes, the tool needed to be flexible, route documents electronically, integrate with our PCard system, and we needed the ability to access the tool from anywhere and at anytime. We needed to solution to our time consuming paper intensive manual process. We were constantly chasing paper from office to office, checking in documents in one office and then checking them out so another office could check them in. We used databases to track where the paper was in the approval process which sometimes left us vulnerable if the person(s) responsible for the database was out unexpectedly.
- Completely Configurable when it comes to Messages and Warnings. You decide when and where to fire the message. You decide what the message reads. You can add, remove, and/or edit these messages at any time.
- Configure warnings and messages to match your company policy and update as often as needed. With a recent enhancement we can now add hyperlinks in our warning messages pointing our users directly to your policy.
- Use messages and warnings to guide your users so that they can submit a correct and complete report the first time, greatly reducing denials.
- Easily electronically track documents from submit to approval.
- At go, live reporting was lacking. Since our go-live on 12/1/2016, Emburse Chrome River had made significant updates to reporting. Emburse is now moving to a new reporting tool that doesn't appear to have the same robust, user friendly functionality that we have today.
- Some releases have caused issues on our side. Emburse Chrome River does fix issues caused by releases but it would be helpful if they engaged clients with testing of upcoming enhancements and releases.
- There is always pain with growth, Emburse Chrome River is no different. As Emburse Chrome River enhances existing features we are sometimes left in the dark until decisions have been made. There are customer advisory boards, those members should be called upon to provide input before going life.
- Time is money, we have saved lots of time with Chrome River. 51% of our expense and Non-PO invoice reports were submitted and exported to our ERP system within 5 days of submission.
- 94% of our expense and Non-PO invoice reports were submitted and exported to our ERP system within 20 days of submission.
- We have recorded over 900 expense reports being submitted and exported the same day!
- 89% of our PCard reports were submitted and exported to our ERP system within 10 days.
- We have seen a 95% reduction in journal entries in our ERP System due to PCard transactions being allocated incorrectly. With messages and warnings, our users get it done right the first time!
- At the end of our first Fiscal Year End after going to Chrome River we only had 1/10 of 1% of our PCard dollars un-reconciled.
We needed a complicated approval routing that Chrome River did not provide at go-live. Chrome River continues to evolve, and since go-live, has provided additional approval routing options for their customers. We had a great PM who understood our needs and provided recommendations and solutions throughout our configuration process. Policy customization is easy. Get agreement on current and new business processes before you write our rules.
IT resources are minimal. During implementation, we had a dedicated IT resource once we were live we no longer required that resource. When we have needed our local IT support it is because of issues on our ERP platform. We do not dedicate IT resources for Chrome River. We send feeds to Chrome River daily: Rarely have we had issues with our feeds to Chrome River. Person and matter feeds are sent once a day. Vendor feeds are sent several times a day. We received Exports from Chrome River daily Rarely have we had issues with our feeds from Chrome River. Exports are received 4 times daily.
Chrome River was a company that I felt valued me not only as a customer but as an individual. It was a personal relationship, I knew everyone and they knew me, now that it is Emburse Chrome River that personal relationship seems to be fading away. The product is great and the people are great but it's just a different relationship than we had a few years ago. Emburse Chrome River is still easy to use, users can start day one with little instruction. Emburse Chrome River is continuously tweaking the application making it easier for users to access all types of devices. Integrations with companies like Uber helps users track travel.
Chrome River provided us: Paperless process Electronic routings Realtime status Configurable to fit our business policies. The implementation team understood our needs and accepted the challenge of making sure those needs were met. At the time we when live, Chrome River offered us a perfect solution for our needs. Now, Emburse Chrome River has several products available to help us manage Travel and Expense.
Rating has gone from a 10 to a 7: Urgent situations are handled quickly but basic support can take several days before you get a response. There has been changes in the way support is managed one of those is to offer, at a cost, a person dedicated to your account. The challenge is this person has several customers, so we only have the attention of our support person every other week during our scheduled call, we rarely hear from that person outside of those calls. Before, I could pick up the phone and text or call now I have to open a ticket and cc' the person who supports us. Previous rating comments: Chrome River has a team of dedicated, knowledgeable, and friendly individuals. Chrome River is willing to listen to their customer's needs and when possible will enhance their product. There have been a couple occasions when we've asked for an enhancement. Chrome River has reached out for additional information, including us in what our vision is and then added that as an enhancement. Access to Chrome River's Ticketing System (CR Help Desk) allows us to see where are tickets are at any time.
We used to have a paper-intensive process, it could take a couple of weeks before a person is reimbursed for travel or other out of pocket expenses. Now with Emburse Chrome River, we often process payments within 48 hours after submitting the request. With tools like Chrome River SNAP and their mobile app travelers can begin their reimbursement request immediately, no need to wait until you are back in the office. Electronic approvals mean you are not chasing down paper from office to office. You can access the system anytime from anywhere to see where your report is in the approval process.
Using Emburse Chrome River
2500 - Over 13,000 have access but about 2,500 of those are the ones doing the work. The business functions represented are PCard reconciliations, Out of pocket expense reimbursements and Non-PO Invoices.
3 - We have 3 administrators, one of those is solely in charge of CR support the other two are back ups. For our end users, we have a team of users we call Chrome River Champions they are the first line of support for their areas.
- Ability to pay users without having to be on site.
- Allowing me to manage my rules
- Mobile Access ease of use
Chrome River is easy to use. We needed little training for our users and instead pointed them to Chrome River's Help Guides which are clearly written and easy to understand. With tools SNAP and the ability to email receipts means we can be completely remote when submitting reports.
Evaluating Emburse Chrome River and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- The ability to create submit compliance rules was a big win for our organization.
- We were able to incorporate our policies into the process to help our users submit correct reports the first time
- By including compliance rules we eliminated a lot of the back and forth of approvals and denials
Chrome River did a great job understanding our business needs. I'm not sure we would have changed the selection process.
Do you think Emburse Chrome River delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Emburse Chrome River's feature set?
Did Emburse Chrome River live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Emburse Chrome River go as expected?
Would you buy Emburse Chrome River again?
Emburse Chrome River Implementation
We had an knowledgeable PM from Chrome River who helped understood our needs.
Stay in constant contact with your PM he/she is your lifeline.
Stay in constant contact with your PM he/she is your lifeline.
Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled - Since Chrome River is easily configurable I would recommend you go live with the rules you use the most. Once you are in the system and your users are submitted reports you can add rules to help your users submit reports timely and efficiently.
Emburse Chrome River Support
Problems get solved
No escalation required
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Not kept informed
Yes, after almost five years using Chrome River we want to make some changes. It's more efficient for us to have premium during this time. Someone who knows us and knows our business needs is helpful when make sure changes are done right.
We made a change to a rule and it broke another rule. A high priority case was entered and Chrome River was immediately there to help us revert the changes and make sure we were up and running again.
Using Emburse Chrome River
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- SNAP - Adding Receipts
- Viewing Reports - Draft, Submitted, Returned
- Reports - Mercury Canned Reports
- Adding additional information on a returned report
- Identifying reports you key as a delegate