Cisco AnyConnect review
August 24, 2021
Cisco AnyConnect review
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Cisco AnyConnect
Cisco AnyConnect was previously used by a small proportion of the business that worked from home. Following Covid and work from home instructions, this was rolled out across the business and most users have now been using this solution. It enables secure connectivity for our users to connect remotely into the IT resources they require for their roles.
- Enables full connectivity whilst remaining extremely secure.
- Has proven to be very reliable.
- Has lots of flexibility I.E failover/load balanced capabilities.
- Split tunnel capabilities have been a huge help to our organization by preserving bandwidth so that only essential traffic will go through VPN links.
- An auto connect feature (assuming this can be achieved without affecting security).
- More end user friendly GUI.
- Huge positive impact, Cisco AC has been crucial in enabling our business to continue throughout the Covid pandemic.
- The fact that the solution has been so reliable adds confidence.
For technical administrators, the tool is quite easy to use and configure. There are some very powerful features that can be relatively easy to configure and quickly add additional positive impact. However, from an end user perspective, I think the GUI could be improved as it doesn't seem the most user friendly.
Absolutely, as mentioned in previous sections, this is the core reason/benefit that Cisco Any Connect has provided our company. It has enabled a fast, fully connected, efficient network for our entire business. Without such a too,l the impact of Covid would have been greater to tour users and the business.
I have not had to call for Support so cannot rate the support model for an incident. However, for ongoing patches and security fixes, etc. the communication and upgrade steps have been good.
Do you think Cisco AnyConnect delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco AnyConnect's feature set?
Did Cisco AnyConnect live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Cisco AnyConnect go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco AnyConnect again?
It's well suited for users who require secure connectivity into Company IT resources remotely. The split tunnel feature is great as it allows the IT Departments to separate traffic that needs corporate connectivity versus traffic that doesn't. This protects bandwidth utilization on the corporate VPN links. The load balancing/failover features also ensure we can add more VPN endpoints to distribute load or create resilience.