Best Mobility Platform Anywhere
September 10, 2021
Best Mobility Platform Anywhere
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Cisco AnyConnect
This is being used across the whole organization to provide users with a secure VPN client/solution. It is also set up to work with two-factor authentication, which requires users to use this before the Cisco AnyConnect session is connected. This enables greater security for the Cisco AnyConnect client. It addresses the business problem of having a really good and secure mobility/VPN client that works for pretty much everyone in an organization.
- It does not use many system resources, if any, on the user's end. This enables users to work without interruption or having to deal with slowdowns on their systems.
- It is a really secure remote/mobility solution for end-users. This is a big benefit from both an end-user and IT staff standpoint.
- It is a stable platform, whereby there don't seem to be a lot of issues/problems that occur with running the software.
- There could be a better or more seamless way to get periodic updates to the software, as the manual method seems to work best.
- Whenever there is a problem with the software/platform, it is not always the easiest to troubleshoot, as it requires more in-depth knowledge in how to troubleshoot.
- Automatic re-connection of the software/platform doesn't always work as it should, although the majority of the times it does.
- A positive impact has been that it has been a really secure platform, which is beneficial to both IT staff and end-users.
- Another positive impact is that it has been a really easy-to-use platform, which doesn't really require time/money to spend on training for learning the platform.
- A negative impact has been the few times there is a problem, as it requires time, on the user's part, and IT staff to troubleshoot.
It is most stellar in terms of overall usability. It really doesn't require users to have to take any kind of formal training in how to use or to spend countless hours reading through user manuals in learning the platform. For the most part, it has worked well, with very few problems when users are using the software.
Yes, the organization has benefited from this capability, in that most users don't have complaints while using the mobility client when connecting remotely. There are also [no] complaints of slowdowns on user systems. Couldn't say more about high levels of security, since it is one of the most secure platforms available, and it is backed by a vendor that is well known and has been in the industry for a very long time.
I would say very good support options, as this vendor has always provided great support options for pretty much all their software options and hardware devices. Everything from good support documentation to stellar customer service; they are, no doubt, some of the best in the industry when it comes to support for their products.
I just want to say that I have not really had a need to look at or test/evaluate any other products that are similar to Cisco AnyConnect. The reason being is that Cisco AnyConnect has everything that our organization needs, and it does it well, meaning it works very well and is most secure.
Do you think Cisco AnyConnect delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco AnyConnect's feature set?
Did Cisco AnyConnect live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cisco AnyConnect go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco AnyConnect again?
It is well suited for organizations that need an easy-to-use solution for IT staff and end-users and [doesn't] require a whole lot of in-depth training in how to use [it]. It is also well suited for organizations that need the most secure mobility solution in the industry. It is less suited for organizations that don't have the IT staff necessary to troubleshoot problems when they do occur because this can get complicated at times.