Cisco DNA Center

Thomas Osborne | TrustRadius Reviewer

Modules Used

• Analytics Assurance

Overall Satisfaction with Cisco DNA Center

We have upgraded our Cisco 3850 switches with the new Cisco catalyst 9K series switches. We bought DNA Center for assurance, to begin with. Maybe later down the road, we will incorporate more automation and all the other features that DNA Center can offer. Assurance is a good tool to use to check the status of your 9K's as well as help with troubleshooting issues if they come up.
  • The ability to view the network as a whole is really nice.
  • The ability troubleshoot faster with DNA center is time-saving.
  • Being able to configure devices from a central UI is very nice.
  • Biggest con is that DNA Center is appliance only. There is no virtual appliance yet.
  • There is a cost associated with these newer features.
  • Upgrading with DNA Center can be a pain sometimes. A lot of things have to align to perform an upgrade.
  • The ability for a full network view and how the networking devices are performing is hard to quantify financially.
  • Saving hours on troubleshooting and upgrades means we can allocate that time to more important issues.
  • Being able to configure devices from a central console, means that I don't have to spend time accessing different devices by jumping on different VPN's. I can access these devices all from one UI.
There are some other products that provide some of the benefits that Cisco DNA center offers, but I haven't found one solution that matches up against Cisco DNA Center. Our organization prefers Cisco products over others due to their resiliency. Since we have Cisco products, it makes sense to have Cisco's DNA Center.

Do you think Cisco DNA Center delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Cisco DNA Center's feature set?

Did Cisco DNA Center live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Cisco DNA Center go as expected?

Would you buy Cisco DNA Center again?

SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA), SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager (NCM), SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (npm)
Cisco DNA is well suited for those who value time. Cisco DNA cuts out a lot of additional time with troubleshooting, configuration, upgrading, and more. If a company can afford Cisco DNA Center and the devices that are needed, it can make Network Administrators' lives much easier. There will be a learning curve to Cisco DNA Center, but it is worth it.

Cisco DNA Center Support

Cisco's customer support is always top-notch. Being able to call in, provide some basic information about the product, then getting on the phone with a tech that knows the product inside and out is a great asset. Many companies fall short in providing excellent customer support. I won't name names, but you can see that many companies struggle with customer support. Cisco has one of the best approaches to customer support in my opinion. After a call with a support representative, I don't find myself wishing something would change for the better.